U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:14 AM

440 posts, read 2,238,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyzzy jayne View Post
Hello! I am considering moving to Panama City as well. Does anyone have insight on the "Stinch from the cardboard plant" This sounds strange. Thanx!

If you live in Panama City, there are certain days that you will smell the paper mill .... it's not every day .... and after you live there for a while, it seems like you get to a place where you don't even notice it anymore. Not sure if you can ever smell it at the beach or not, but it's possible that the wind could carry it .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 07:06 AM

31 posts, read 82,611 times
Sorry to get in this thread, does anybody knows how's the area around Arrow St? I'm thinking to buy in that area.Thanks

Old 01-25-2008, 10:38 PM

39 posts, read 125,635 times
Thanx! Anything else you'd like to share about PC?

Old 01-26-2008, 02:12 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,229,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyzzy jayne View Post
Thanx! Anything else you'd like to share about PC?

check the following: Community Site - EmeraldCoast.com - Latest Panama City Community News

Old 03-30-2008, 02:22 PM

295 posts, read 1,285,335 times
It has been three months since I moved to Panama City Beach now, and although I have accepted an extremely great offer to move back to my home state, the area has been better than I had hoped for. The spring breakers, while plentiful and inconsiderate as most drunken teenagers are, have not been that much of a problem.
For the most part, they stick to the public areas and hotels along the beach. The traffic heading into town during rush hour has not picked up one bit, and is not congested or slow at all.
I think a lot of the fears are based on rumors and urban legends. In fact, the majority of people in my company now live on the Beach side of the bridge. The area has so much more to do than Lynn Haven. Plus I don't have to deal with the stink of the paper mill too much (the wind rarely blows from the East).
I can't wait for Thunder Beach...

Old 05-20-2008, 10:26 AM

7 posts, read 32,957 times
Default Move To Pc-papermill

We have been offered a job in PC and I have a couple of questions. First, how open are the natives to outsiders? We moved to a very rural part of North Louisiana and have been here for four years. It has been awful and my children have really suffered. Also, where can you live around PC and not smell the papermill? That is another thing about this area that we can't stand and have not gotten used to. thanks for the help

Old 05-20-2008, 01:02 PM

14,939 posts, read 10,208,222 times
Another pointer about the spring breakers dominating PC is during the spring months usually starting around Easter. The Bikers are next. The locals carry on during
the school-out summer months. This is my personal observation.

The paper-mill smells carry on windy days and the closer you go to Pt. St Joe,
I think. Some days it's invisible while others days, can't escape it.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:53 PM

7 posts, read 32,957 times
Where is the papermill located?

Old 05-20-2008, 03:28 PM

14,939 posts, read 10,208,222 times
Port St. Joe

Old 05-20-2008, 09:19 PM

2,520 posts, read 5,342,574 times
I'm currently living on Panama City Beach, close to Frank Brown Park and 1/2 mile from the beach. We had this house built in 2002. Before that, we lived in Panam City for 4 yrs in an older home in Forest Park. In that home, we did sometimes smell the paper mill. My dd still attends a private school in P.C. and I drive Hathaway bridge twice a day. Since they rebuilt it, it really isn't bad. I'm noticing more traffic now that Pier Park is here. It's turning into a mini Destin w/ all of the shops. Thunder Beach was just a couple weeks ago, and my dogs have gotten use to the rumble of Harleys and no longer bark. We live on a lake, which brings some tranquility into a fast growing area. Spring breakers aren't that bad. We just don't drive Thomas Drive when they're here. No need for us to sit bumper to bumper. We maybe relocating to the east coast and I'm really going to miss living here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or