U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2014, 11:36 AM

41 posts, read 85,805 times

Advertisements

Hello
I am thinking of moving to Central Florida have been there, love it, just sold my home. I am a male nurse- RN, experienced in Hospice nursing and would like to stay in Hospice.

Questions:
1. What are the nursing jobs like in general in Central Fla?
In demand? No demand? Luke warm? Don't bother looking?

2. Any one know how Hospice nursing jobs are in Central Fla?

3. Any central parts of the state more employable than others for nursing jobs?

4. Places to AVOID working at?

5. I am leaning toward the North central area to live in, would rent at first then eventually buy a place. How are the Crime rates?
Places to AVOID living in?

6. I would like to live out in more of a country/quiet setting, what would 125k buy , housing wise?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 01:08 PM

9,704 posts, read 6,648,918 times
VERY high demand. Stick with The Villages.
Any reason why you'd prefer to stick with Hospice? Generally, Hospice pays RN's considerably less hourly than other fields.
Anyway, Central FL towns as a whole mostly have a "good" area and a "bad" area. They are normally well-marked, or easily differentiable.
Ocala is a good city to gravitate to. It is just outside The Villages, and right off of I-75.
Lady Lake, Wildwood, Dunnellon, those are good areas too.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 916 times
Default Home Search

If you need help with locating a rental, let me know. I've lived in Central Florida for 20 years. I am familiar with most of the areas that you mentioned.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:27 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,152,580 times
Yea Florida is supposedly one of the states with a constant high demand of nurse but yes I don't think you would have any problem at all looking Seminole County or Lake County which tend to be more rural but not too far from the city of Orlando.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:31 PM

1,624 posts, read 1,064,812 times
The Villages has perhaps the largest concentration of seniors in the entire nation. In that respect, you probably can't go wrong living within commute distance. Surrounding areas have a fair amount of retirees as well.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
VERY high demand. Stick with The Villages.
Any reason why you'd prefer to stick with Hospice? Generally, Hospice pays RN's considerably less hourly than other fields.
Anyway, Central FL towns as a whole mostly have a "good" area and a "bad" area. They are normally well-marked, or easily differentiable.
Ocala is a good city to gravitate to. It is just outside The Villages, and right off of I-75.
Lady Lake, Wildwood, Dunnellon, those are good areas too.
Thanks for the info, being new to the area, what do u mean by the "villages", like small towns away from cities?
Gainesville would be a town I would like to live NEAR but not in.

Any idea what the going pay rate is for nurses there? Like i said my background is hospice.

If Fla No fault car insurance?

Old 12-14-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietlanger View Post
If you need help with locating a rental, let me know. I've lived in Central Florida for 20 years. I am familiar with most of the areas that you mentioned.
Yes I would appreciate your input about rentals and such. I would rent to start with, but then buy a house.
you can private email me if you like. nash3222@netzero.net

Last edited by Nash3222; 12-14-2014 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: correct information

Old 12-14-2014, 04:14 PM

15,383 posts, read 17,645,632 times
"The Villages" in an actual town. Many years ago it was a retirement community called"The Villages of Lady Lake". But I think the town of Lady Lake either split out into 2: The Villages and Lady Lake, or possibly the town of Lady Lake was renamed to The Villages. It has a lot of retirees since much of it is 55+ housing.

It started out as a retirement subdivision/community and it grew a lot...enough to get its own zip codes.

The Villages, Florida Zip Code Boundary Map (FL)

The Villages, FL - USA.com™

The Villages, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Newspaper: http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/

I think you should check out the Atlantic coastal towns that are between Jacksonville and Flagler county. There are some pretty nice areas around there.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:21 AM

9,704 posts, read 6,648,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash3222 View Post
Thanks for the info, being new to the area, what do u mean by the "villages", like small towns away from cities?
Gainesville would be a town I would like to live NEAR but not in.

Any idea what the going pay rate is for nurses there? Like i said my background is hospice.

If Fla No fault car insurance?
The Villages is an actual town/city. It's hard to describe. It's a huge area that caters to seniors, and is filled with shops, restaurants, bars, hospitals, etc. It also spreads out into multiple towns, including Lady Lake, Fruitland Park, Wildwood...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or