U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 11:08 AM

4,978 posts, read 7,282,574 times

Advertisements

Then move.

bye
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 06:24 PM

8,753 posts, read 10,796,802 times
Did you find any of the described problems with the people and places in Bulgaria? If not, why did you leave? If so, you might wonder about the coincidence of now finding the same situation in two places, before you simply decide to move again.

Frankly, the people in Florida aren't much different than the people anywhere else ... In fact, most of them (at a rate of about 375K per year], came from somewhere else. It's pretty difficult to find native Floridians.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:28 AM

4,797 posts, read 5,334,123 times
Go where you find work.
Best of luck!

Old 12-31-2014, 07:04 AM

320 posts, read 671,969 times
Just move to Miami or Miami Beach, most walkable places in Florida.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:10 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,848,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostova88 View Post
In from Bulgaria , move to west palm beach before 4 years ago and I really don't like here !
For me here i so boring, have the beach and nothing else. The standard of living is so high,but the money ,not enough for anything. If you are alone, you need 3 full time jobs to can afford to pay one bedroom apartment and a car ( because here don't have normal public transportation, one bus when bring you nowhere, then you need a car or you are dead ) ...
Everything is expensive. ..
The people here are fake and rude,barely seeing people ,no one walk out (it's to hot and have no sidewalks ) if someone see you out walking ,thinks you are homeless, crazy or a trash.
Good jobs opportunities, limited. Friendships - limited.
Here is full with crazy old people. Don't get me wrong I work with old people for 4 year already and I know,they drive so crazy everyday i see amazing stuff here...
The food,water and air are so bad ...
I can go on and on why I don't like here...My question is I want to move out of here whit my boyfriend. We are being looking several cities like Denver Co, Atlanta GA, and around north Carolina. We want city filing of living, but not so busy like New York.
Do you have any suggestions were to move,were you will find everything what missing here (life) . Somewhere were we can move for chipper , to be with one car for beginning and have a social life and better lifestyle. I like mountains and four seasons. ..
Thank you for your attention and I hope you normal people will help me with the decision.
Not sure where you live in WPB, but you can walk all over the place here, there are plenty of sidewalks, I once estimated I could literally walk or ride a bike to work via a sidewalk the entire way to work in PBG. This areas is the most walk friendly areas I have ever been to outside of Europe. Other places I have been, often communities do not even have sidewalks and force you to walk along side the road/berm...which is extremely dangerous.

If it's boring here, then it will probably be even more boring elsewhere, unless you move to the big city. I would suggest you go back to Europe, I just got back from Milan and every time I go I ask why I don't just move there permanently? Suppose I am too Americanized and will miss things about here after time passes.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:16 PM

97 posts, read 133,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Then move.

bye
Yeah, that's what she's trying to do.

OP, Denver is expensive like most have said. Maybe Raleigh?

Old 12-31-2014, 03:48 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,848,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebiker78 View Post
Yeah, that's what she's trying to do.

OP, Denver is expensive like most have said. Maybe Raleigh?
NC has very high income tax rates, bad traffic and is not too walk-able outside of downtown. It's also full of former Florida residents who moved here and left, along with many half backs and retirees.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:14 PM

5,302 posts, read 8,068,212 times
Go to the Ft. Lauderdale-Miami area. If not there, then one of Florida's other big urban centers: Orlando, Tampa, or Jacksonville. West Palm Beach is a big retirement area for old rich people, or a vacation hotspot. Not really somewhere for younger people to live.

Old 01-01-2015, 03:45 PM

511 posts, read 664,891 times
If you are looking for low cost of living, consider Rust Belt cities like Cleveland or Toledo. I have spent time in both and love them; both also have a large Eastern European population. There is a Bulgarian restaurant near Toledo in Bowling Green. A warning, however: both have serious winters. Cleveland has better mass transit than Toledo.

Where in Bulgaria are you from? I have friends in Rousse and will be visiting them this summer.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:19 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,141,882 times
Maybe you try visiting other cities first before you decide to just move because your not going to get what I think your looking for a cheap price. Denver and Atlanta have decent public transportation but not out of this world and one is not diverse at all. Keep your head up until then an try to get involved with the local community like volunteering and traveling down to Miami area for fun if your into the nightlife scene. Lots of places might work for you but it depends on what your willing till deal with. Cost of living is no joke in a lot of more desirable places to live however plenty of Alternatives are out their. Good luck with your search for a new place to live an I hope you find what your looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or