U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 09:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,863 times

Advertisements

In from Bulgaria , move to west palm beach before 4 years ago and I really don't like here !
For me here i so boring, have the beach and nothing else. The standard of living is so high,but the money ,not enough for anything. If you are alone, you need 3 full time jobs to can afford to pay one bedroom apartment and a car ( because here don't have normal public transportation, one bus when bring you nowhere, then you need a car or you are dead ) ...
Everything is expensive. ..
The people here are fake and rude,barely seeing people ,no one walk out (it's to hot and have no sidewalks ) if someone see you out walking ,thinks you are homeless, crazy or a trash.
Good jobs opportunities, limited. Friendships - limited.
Here is full with crazy old people. Don't get me wrong I work with old people for 4 year already and I know,they drive so crazy everyday i see amazing stuff here...
The food,water and air are so bad ...
I can go on and on why I don't like here...My question is I want to move out of here whit my boyfriend. We are being looking several cities like Denver Co, Atlanta GA, and around north Carolina. We want city filing of living, but not so busy like New York.
Do you have any suggestions were to move,were you will find everything what missing here (life) . Somewhere were we can move for chipper , to be with one car for beginning and have a social life and better lifestyle. I like mountains and four seasons. ..
Thank you for your attention and I hope you normal people will help me with the decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 09:30 AM

338 posts, read 403,455 times
Where in Florida do you currently live? Charlotte, Raleigh, Atlanta, Denver like you already mentioned will probably be better for you.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:45 AM

1,750 posts, read 1,622,364 times
Try to find a social club with Bulgarians or other Eastern Europeans that share the same culture with you and make friends. No matter where you go, without a social circle, you'll continue to complain.

Old 12-26-2014, 01:23 PM

4,158 posts, read 7,891,598 times
I've been to both Denver and Atlanta and both are great places. If I had to choose between the 2 I would go with Denver because of the mountains, however if you like the ocean/beach than Atlanta is much closer. I think Atlanta would probably be a little cheaper than Denver. Both are pretty active cities with good walkable downtown areas but I think Denver has a better public transit system with their streetcars than Atlantas's Marta. In reality, between the two, I would just go wherever I could get good employment. Both great areas. I've never been to NC so can not offer any opinions.

Old 12-27-2014, 01:04 PM

3,926 posts, read 4,747,251 times
Northeast would be most likely to have groups of Eastern Europeans. Check out Jersey, etc.

Old 12-27-2014, 01:26 PM

58 posts, read 53,051 times
yes,colorado but cost of living the same,florida is for old people and natives,you are correct in everything you said,out walking you are looked on as a bum,unless for exercise...it takes a lot of getting used too....

Old 12-27-2014, 02:28 PM

10,604 posts, read 14,139,225 times
Philadelphia. And you won't even need a car. or Philadelphia adjacent. Delaware/New Jersey.

Philadelphia is a fantastic city. They have REAL diversity, people from all over the world. And if you WANT the beach, it's close by. So is NY, you just jump on a train.

They even have a Facebook page called "Bulgarians in Philadelphia".

Interview with Valeriya Gospodinov, a Bulgarian living in US, known by many as the pillar of the Bulgarian community in Philadelphia.

Quote:
We are pleased to announce the recent publishing of the book "Communism Versus Democracy: Bulgaria 1944 to 1997," written by prominent Bulgarian author and political journalist, Nassya Kralevska-Owens, who lives right here, in Philadelphia. This book, whose original title in Bulgarian is "Bez Zaglavie: Ru****eli i Stroiteli na Balgaria" (Untitled: Destroyers and Builders of Bulgaria) has several editions in Bulgarian and now it is also published in English, and will be studied in US colleges with Political Science Schools.

The exhibit Book Illustrations from Bulgaria, organized by Alexi Natchev, Illustration Area Coordinator with the Delaware College of Art and Design (Alexi Natchev . com) opened on November 5 in Delaware.
Quote:
We also hold festivals of the Bulgarian cinema and watch Bulgarian movies with much pleasure. Kalin Penchev, owner of Malincho International in New Jersey often organizes concerts of Bulgarian pop and folk performers, so we can enjoy live music as well.

And some really wonderful news – the Bulgarian flag is finally proudly waiving alongside many others on Ben Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia. What a great gift, just in time for Thanksgiving!

Old 12-27-2014, 04:58 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,118,692 times
Seems to me you picked the wrong place to live, OP.....got to blame yourself.....West Palm Beach? How in the world did you decide to move there?

Our country is big enough for you to find a place that suits your needs - I'd recommend heading west toward Seattle, SF, or some other city where you would be comfortable.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:14 AM

104 posts, read 91,496 times
Quote:
In from Bulgaria , move to west palm beach before 4 years ago and I really don't like here !
For me here i so boring, have the beach and nothing else. The standard of living is so high,but the money ,not enough for anything. If you are alone, you need 3 full time jobs to can afford to pay one bedroom apartment and a car ( because here don't have normal public transportation, one bus when bring you nowhere, then you need a car or you are dead ) ...
Everything is expensive. ..
The people here are fake and rude,barely seeing people ,no one walk out (it's to hot and have no sidewalks ) if someone see you out walking ,thinks you are homeless, crazy or a trash.
Good jobs opportunities, limited. Friendships - limited.
Here is full with crazy old people. Don't get me wrong I work with old people for 4 year already and I know,they drive so crazy everyday i see amazing stuff here...
The food,water and air are so bad ...
I can go on and on why I don't like here...My question is I want to move out of here whit my boyfriend. We are being looking several cities like Denver Co, Atlanta GA, and around north Carolina. We want city filing of living, but not so busy like New York.
Do you have any suggestions were to move,were you will find everything what missing here (life) . Somewhere were we can move for chipper , to be with one car for beginning and have a social life and better lifestyle. I like mountains and four seasons. ..
Thank you for your attention and I hope you normal people will help me with the decision
Welcome to Amurika

Old 12-28-2014, 06:44 AM

734 posts, read 729,388 times
uh, bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or