U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is there too much negativity in the Florida forum?
Yes, WAY too much 16 61.54%
No, not enough 0 0%
Just right 6 23.08%
People who are consistently negative should be banned. 8 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 02:57 PM

973 posts, read 1,990,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Both sides of the story should be allowed. None of us have any right to judge a person due to their own personal experiences. It is not so easy to just pack up & leave.

The extreme negative posters get just as annoying as the extremely positive posters. But such is life. Freedom of speech.

So, if all some want to hear is wonderful, fantastic, great, perfect....call a local realtor...don't post a question or post & then whine about the responses.

If someone comes on this site & takes everything that is written here SERIOUSLY,well,that's just no the best thing. If someone moves to or from FL due to website advice...I just don't know what to say to that....
Well said. People are going to have their opinions. The posters should be trying to answer in reponse to the OP's questions, or replies to the OP's questions. If someone says "Tampa or Orlando?" No one should be listing everything wrong with all of Florida without giving any positives or differentiating between the two cities the OP asked about.
As for this quote: "The extreme negative posters get just as annoying as the extremely positive posters."
It's very true, but the only thing I find more annoying is certain realtors talking about what a great time it is to buy, when sales and prices are still show no signs of rebounding. I greatly appreciate a certain few realtors on here for being honest about the market - and they'd be the first I'd refer future buyers to. It'll be a better time to buy when inventories manage to make it to at least half the level they are now and prices have been reduced to get to that level, but that's a long way off.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:03 PM

6,985 posts, read 15,453,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I am speaking of the trolls. Everyone has a different way of looking at the same things of course. I love living in Florida and the next person that likes it might have a very different reason for it.

There are those here though that ruin any thread they join in on, they troll the boards with the intention of spreading their venom. I know there are negatives about Florida but its not ALL negative. Anyone who can say that needs counseling. Trolls have no business giving advice when their advice is more then likely based on the experiences of someone who suffers from psychiatric problems.

Take a look at the poll, its not just MY OPINION. So far its the majority opinion.
trolling as I said is no use but, again, some people just hate Florida. For them it offers NOTHING, and thats THEIR opinion. They don't have to have mental problems, they just don't like it. It is more likely that a person who can't accept the fact, people have a differing opinion than theirs, may have some mental issues.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:09 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,230,815 times
Lightbulb My 2 cents

From the Mod side of the house, I have encountered members that just enjoy turning threads into negative issues or just creating havoc.

While we allow individuals opinions either positive or negative, many members attack the member rather than discuss the topic. Advice for all, don't reply, take your pride and report the post.

If you entertain the post for sure this will be worse. Very important, if a member post the same type of agenda over and over in different threads, that should give an idea of the type of poster that you are entertaining. Remember you a getting a reply from less than 1% of the Florida population and at times we find out that members create multiple accounts just to support their agenda.

Very important, do you own research before you decide to take action, because sometimes we don't know the truth behind the post.

Also, I understand the OP concern, but this forum is not for this type of discussion. So I have to close the thread. I do appreciate everyone post, but lets focus in providing information that can assist members in making decisions.

Remember that everyone has an opinion, respect the opinion and the individual.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or