U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 11:32 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,022,978 times

Advertisements

im am wondering what the specific complaints are against new yorkers.
for the life of me, i cannot figure it out (why there is so much annoyance with them).
also, how do you know that they are new yorkers? do they walk around with yankees hats or still have ny plates?

Old 01-08-2008, 12:13 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,392,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
im am wondering what the specific complaints are against new yorkers.
for the life of me, i cannot figure it out (why there is so much annoyance with them).
also, how do you know that they are new yorkers? do they walk around with yankees hats or still have ny plates?
Almost, usually one of the first things out of their mouths is they are from NY, followed by why NY is so much better then Florida. It doesn't matter what the subject it will always somehow get around to " If this was NY you would never see" fill in the blank. When I was in the bar business I could not stand them when they came in. Give me a good old redneck or anything else for that matter anytime. You even hear it on here almost everyday.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:14 PM

1,452 posts, read 1,875,368 times
Its not the fact that they're fome New Yorker, its their attitudes they bring with them. (Believe me I know all about them my entire family including myself from the Bronx and all but me raised there) They have the yah been there done that, and 10x's better attitude. Or they have the we did it this way in NY, it worked so everyone and their mother should do it like that, even though we left NY cause we hated it there attitude also. Or the "If we were in NY right now this would never happen or you'd never see this there" Its just snootiness I suppose. I'm constantly repremanding my own mother to A) shush because she's being a loud mouth, there is no need to voice your opinion on ever state of matter or B) having a mouth on her that would make a mofia leader cry.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:17 PM

12 posts, read 35,049 times
Exactly! Not to mention that friggin accent, enough to drive you crazy, "Yo, I'm tough Tony from Brooklyn", "New York is so much betta than this place, but the weatha is real nice hea" and New Yorkers are just generally RUDE people.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:22 PM

29 posts, read 88,265 times
Is it just a coincidence the people in Miami are much ruder, colder and ignorant and than anywhere else in Florida? By the coincidence I mean where do most of the New Yorkers go...?

New York, a nice place to visit but they're spreading out like a plague.
I don't mind having them down here in Florida but leave the mentality there, welcome to the South, we play it different.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:23 PM

4,337 posts, read 6,027,600 times
I love NYers. Whenever I hear the accent, I turn to see who it belongs to.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:24 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,392,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereElse View Post
Exactly! Not to mention that friggin accent, enough to drive you crazy, "Yo, I'm tough Tony from Brooklyn", "New York is so much betta than this place, but the weatha is real nice hea" and New Yorkers are just generally RUDE people.
What is worse then a loud mouthed NY woman. They are almost always foul mouthed as well. Pass the ducktape .

Old 01-08-2008, 12:29 PM

12 posts, read 35,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
I love NYers. Whenever I hear the accent, I turn to see who it belongs to.
It belongs to the guy with black slick hair and brown eyes, you know, Tony, Joey, Mikey, Richy, Johnny, Pauly, Rocky, Nicky, Jeffery, Chippy.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:31 PM

99 posts, read 317,169 times
Default From NY

I love NYers, too!! It's not rude, it's just how we talk. We come off aggressive, but if you've ever been there, you would know it's one of the greatest places to be.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:06 PM

1,452 posts, read 1,875,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
What is worse then a loud mouthed NY woman. They are almost always foul mouthed as well. Pass the ducktape .
oh so you HAVE met my mother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida