U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 12:07 PM

269 posts, read 960,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summergal View Post
Brooksville is a quiet charming town with lots of trees and some hilly roads. It's a great place. We recently drove out there (haven't been in about 2-3 years) and was totally shocked at how many new subdivisions are creeping out that way! If you are looking for someplace that isn't going to be developed in the next 10 years... I don't know. They built this new highway that goes straight from Tampa to Brooksville, so now the developers are putting in new communities along that road, from Tampa up. They haven't gone as far as Brooksville yet but you can see what will be coming Although, until they get that far, it would be a nice quiet place to call home
I mostly agree...except for the part about communties not making it up that far. Hernando Oaks is one, as well as Southern Hills. The later is especially nice. They have also just put in a new Lowe's, Super-Walmart, and Publix. The area is growing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2006, 09:14 PM

1,305 posts, read 5,011,490 times
We spent a couple of days in Brooksville a couple of weeks ago, passing through in our RV. We visited a neat nursery specializing in daylilies anbd bamboo and bought some bamboo for our Okeechobee project. The town's history goes back before the Civil War, and has the potential to be a real boutique town like Mount Dora if they got together and agreed to a unified theme. There are some restored buildings in town, but several that are run down and boarded up. I would call it a town in transition from benign neglect towards attractive quaintness.

The court house in the downtown area has a free wifi web access area in the parking lot outside the records building; we parked there and used our laptop in the RV.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:17 PM

267 posts, read 1,042,224 times
Default considering Brooksville - spring ridge

Hi everyone,
I visited a community in brooksville this afternoon called spring ridge. It is a very new community I think and sounds really nice. Has anyone ever heard of it. The rep said that they were there for about 2 yrs. It is located just off of the suncoast. I am moving from Long Island with my husband and three small children. Can anyone tell me anything about Brooksville at all - like the kind of people that live there, how the schools are, ect... Thanks

Old 02-03-2007, 09:44 AM

523 posts, read 2,626,275 times
HErnando county is sink hole risk, they have went up 300% on insurance, and lots of area flood near the river. cheap out there for that reason.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:49 AM

3 posts, read 30,585 times
Default hartland new homes community brooksville

Hi thinking of moving to a new build home in brooksville, does any one know where i can see an up to date map of what been built? its a hartland developement bt google maps show nothing, any info would be great thanks! streets are like english parrott and english sparrow..

Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 PM

713 posts, read 2,422,400 times
Just left the Spring Hill-Brooksville area and I don't see it growing rapidly in the next few years. If anything, it's stagnated and with the recession, even worse. No problem with it losing it's sleepy, rural, country reputation anytime soon.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:32 PM

Totally no culture, book stores, theater etc. If you like horses, wearing no makeup, shopping at Wal-Mart, this is the place for you.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:35 PM

8,488 posts, read 17,860,295 times
Edit: Did not realize the post was from 2006.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:57 PM

137 posts, read 483,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post
Totally no culture, book stores, theater etc. If you like horses, wearing no makeup, shopping at Wal-Mart, this is the place for you.
That is not true at all. I read, have plenty of culture, do not own a horse or any farm animals for that matter and absolutely love make-up and I am not the only one.

lunaloki
There are plenty of stores besides Walmart. Insurance is not hard to find, there are plenty of homes for sale and for rent. Jobs is the biggest lacking item in Hernando County. You have to find your nitch here...it's a large area and every corner offers something different. Check the area out for yourself. Feel free to PM me with any questions. Good Luck.

Old 07-12-2008, 02:08 AM

Where's the book store?? I looked high and low but could not find a BAM, Borders or B&N. There was a little used book store w/limited amount of titles and a Christian store that closed at 3 p.m. but no other. Art galleries, museums, fine dining? Other than the Fireside that closed several years ago, nada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida