U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-19-2015, 12:14 PM
 
8 posts, read 6,618 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

Hello,

I am currently living in Broward County with my mother and am looking for a place to move. Based on my level of experience and what I have been making, I don't expect to find a job that pays more than 30,000. And it's extremely difficult to live on that amount in Broward County.

Are there any places in Florida that I can live on that amount without getting a roommate? My biggest requirements are safety and cleanliness ( no roaches). Having a grocery store; a Target, K-mart, or Walmart; and a Starbucks or a Barnes & Noble within reasonable driving distance would also be preferred.

I am not a going out type of person, so the nightlife/attractions are irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2015, 12:47 PM
 
21,220 posts, read 30,443,839 times
Reputation: 19674
Check out Gainesville which should offer a number of good rental options in the $500-$600 a month range. There's not a Barnes and Noble but you'll have a few Starbucks options, big box stores and plenty of grocery stores including Trader Joe's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2015, 02:36 PM
 
8 posts, read 6,618 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Check out Gainesville which should offer a number of good rental options in the $500-$600 a month range. There's not a Barnes and Noble but you'll have a few Starbucks options, big box stores and plenty of grocery stores including Trader Joe's.
Thank you!
Do you think it will be difficult to find a job there, since it's a college town and a lot of college graduates will probably be looking for work there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2015, 02:59 PM
 
2,932 posts, read 4,020,822 times
Reputation: 1781
I'd look into Sebring also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2015, 06:33 PM
 
21,220 posts, read 30,443,839 times
Reputation: 19674
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85mollyk View Post
Thank you!
Do you think it will be difficult to find a job there, since it's a college town and a lot of college graduates will probably be looking for work there?
Not really. Many head out to "home" or other more urban locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2015, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Pittsford, NY
532 posts, read 629,561 times
Reputation: 587
Potentially South Daytona you might find what you are looking for, though you would drive to nearby towns for shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2015, 02:43 PM
 
68 posts, read 71,719 times
Reputation: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85mollyk View Post
Hello,

I am currently living in Broward County with my mother and am looking for a place to move. Based on my level of experience and what I have been making, I don't expect to find a job that pays more than 30,000. And it's extremely difficult to live on that amount in Broward County.

Are there any places in Florida that I can live on that amount without getting a roommate? My biggest requirements are safety and cleanliness ( no roaches). Having a grocery store; a Target, K-mart, or Walmart; and a Starbucks or a Barnes & Noble within reasonable driving distance would also be preferred.

I am not a going out type of person, so the nightlife/attractions are irrelevant.
Hi,

As I continue to search for my ideal place, which just may not exist, I came across your thread and kyle19125 as he usually always graciously does, gave you a very good suggestion for what your wanting as I lived in Gainesville for awhile and what I can tell you is, employment for what you are looking to make really depends on what you do for a living, which I did not see you mention?

As far as your criteria goes, all those retail stores that you mentioned are in fact there and you would just substitute Borders Books for Barnes & Noble and being that it is definitely a town that focuses mainly on the University and the students from all over the map, you will encounter many other places that may or may not be for your taste or liking and finally, not hitting the night-life scene, which definitely booms when school is back in, is something you definitely do not have to do.

As far as apts go, the closer you are to the University the higher the rents usually are yet you still can get an apt pretty close to what you are looking for yet they will definitely have students residing in them as well and the roaches, well I think it is safe to say, that depends on the place you chose!

I hope this somehow helps.

Kind Regards,
SD

Last edited by SDeP; 03-22-2015 at 04:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top