U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 04:07 AM

34,457 posts, read 41,569,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Hillary Clinton pac threatened the NYT NOT to use the following words because they're OBVIOUSLY coded sexism.

“polarizing,
calculating,
disingenuous,
insincere,
ambitious,
inevitable,
entitled,
over confident,
secretive,
will do anything to win,
represents the past,
out of touch”

Got anything more than your say so on this claim? I'd like to read more of the story and the context in which it was said..
Best i can find is this story which indicates these words as merely words the media has used to describe Hillary=
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gra...media-negative

Which makes me wonder if indeed Hillary did make the threat to ban these words was said in jest,satire or just taken out of contex?.
IMO you can replace all those words with the phrase=best qualified for the job of next President.

Last edited by jambo101; 03-28-2015 at 04:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 04:35 AM

34,457 posts, read 41,569,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadpoet1 View Post

If you believe in man-made climate change you are just suckered into a leftist scam to increase government control.
As there is virtually no debate in the scientific community as to the reality of Global Warming maybe its Americas rightwing thats been suckered as they seem to be the only dissenting voices on the issue.

Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Consensus

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/monitoring...al-warming.php

http://education.nationalgeographic....arming/?ar_a=1

Old 03-28-2015, 11:17 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,159,422 times
Quote:
I've stocked up on my soon to be illegal lightbulbs and government contraband toilets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadpoet1 View Post
I'm glad the FL governor banned govt employees from using wordage of a major political scam. Global warning was so widely refuted and proven to have a lack of real evidence to back it up, that the left had to change their wording to "climate change". It's funny when we have had some of the coldest winters recently in the USA, the climate change people shut up, but when we have record heat they come out from under their rocks and say "see! I told you so!".

Just look at what the Democrats want to do about it. They just want to raise your taxes and expand the government. Even if you believe climate change is real, how would raising taxes on everyone fix the problem? It doesn't.

Rising ocean levels? Ridiculous.

If you believe in man-made climate change you are just suckered into a leftist scam to increase government control.

The aluminum foil shelves at grocery stores are empty all over Florida because of all the hats being made... better buy some quick before it all runs out!

Old 03-28-2015, 02:07 PM

2,983 posts, read 3,799,040 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, I've stocked up on my soon to be illegal lightbulbs and government contraband toilets.
Isn't it kind of foolish to throw away money just to spite your government?

Old 03-28-2015, 06:01 PM

464 posts, read 862,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishKey View Post
The aluminum foil shelves at grocery stores are empty all over Florida because of all the hats being made... better buy some quick before it all runs out!
Thank you, that was the best laugh I had all day!

Old 03-28-2015, 06:55 PM

239 posts, read 243,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Florida's governor is a moron. Not only is he a moron, but he's ugly too. Not a good combo.
He may stink, but at least this isn't California with Jerry Brown or the whole slew of progressive conservatives that lean too democrat or are moviestars.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:18 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,406,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Exactly. So how did this unpopular idiot get re-elected? Are people insane or did he cheat? Fifty-eight percent of of Fla voted for medical marijuana. I don't believe they also voted for Scott.
I voted against Marijuana but I never voted for Scott and never will vote for conservative nutjob. I don't think the two are necessarily connected. People believe in whatever is convenient to them, if they like to smoke pot, they will figure a way to justify their use, even if it is against their beliefs.

Old 03-29-2015, 01:36 PM

4,091 posts, read 4,709,979 times
Don't look at me... I didn't vote for him.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:44 PM

2,056 posts, read 2,474,854 times
There's a reason it's called Flori-Duh....there's a lot of Floridiots here. Still, I've met some nice people, but you DO have to look hard for them. Just yesterday I was listening to some old timer going on and on about how Senator Cruz was the only person around who would stand up and prove that climate change was all a lie. As for this governor, maybe the less said the better. I am still amazed he has not been indicted. Those political connections come in handy.

It's not just Florida either. The Bush clan (oh, sorry, that is partly Florida too) hasn't done this country any favors either. I truly wish there was some way to connect Florida w/ Texas and cut them both loose from the continent somehow so they could just go somewhere else. Please. Simply seceding from the Union isn't good enough for me. Besides, as a Southerner, I remember that we tried that and it didn't work. Maybe they could drift into another dimension? I would like that a lot. Of course, I would have to move from Florida before that happened, but I'm up for it.

There's just something scary about Scott, and attempting to ban certain words is a very Texas-like thing. Let's face it, tea party repubs are about as close to delusional, fundamentalist, religious nut job fascists that you can find. Well, I HOPE they are anyway. Who knows what's coming down the pipe in the future. Besides, knowing Florida's history of rigging elections, who says he was really elected anyway? I don't believe it for a second. Me, I'm just waiting for the inter planetary shuttle to get going.

Last edited by smarino; 03-29-2015 at 07:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or