U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 07:54 AM

1,142 posts, read 776,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer1 View Post
Well, March 28th and I woke up to another inch of fresh snow here in Buffalo,NY and a high of mid 20s. The Snow plow truck just went by and threw a fresh supply of salt on the streets. Looks like another day of freezing my but off. What's the temp in Florida today???

Looking at the weather forecast, Buffalo will be in the mid fifties next week...... for one day.

Followed by two weeks in the mid thirties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 01:21 PM

86 posts, read 182,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
Looking at the weather forecast, Buffalo will be in the mid fifties next week...... for one day.

Followed by two weeks in the mid thirties.
Yea. I know. very frustrating.

Old 03-29-2015, 01:48 PM

2,359 posts, read 4,489,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer1 View Post
Well, March 28th and I woke up to another inch of fresh snow here in Buffalo,NY and a high of mid 20s. The Snow plow truck just went by and threw a fresh supply of salt on the streets. Looks like another day of freezing my but off. What's the temp in Florida today???
How do you freeze your butt off if your cooped up in your house for 6 months? Don't you have any heat?

Old 03-29-2015, 03:05 PM

3,689 posts, read 2,013,475 times
What a beautiful afternoon.
Sun and a few brewskies by the pool.
Life is good.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:05 PM

2,319 posts, read 1,852,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
How do you freeze your butt off if your cooped up in your house for 6 months? Don't you have any heat?
Well, lets see. Going to your job, going to store, running errands... that typical life stuff that you continue to do even with snow on the ground and temps below freezing. Unfortunately you do not get paid to stay inside at home for 6 months of winter.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:09 AM

526 posts, read 462,062 times
I moved from Buffalo to Jacksonville actually. North Florida is really nice weather wise, you get a distinct cooler season (60-70 degree daytime temps for a few months) Summers really aren't that bad either, nothing like i was expecting. I think last summer there was only 2 or so days were it was so hot and humid i didn't want to step outside. Everyone makes it sound much worse then it is down here in summer. No your don't want to run 5 miles at 2 in the afternoon, but there are still plenty hours of the day where you can be outside very comfortably.

Just suck it up and push through, your almost through winter. I know the feeling of being tired of it by March, but on the plus side Buffalo has probably the best summer weather I have ever experienced. If you really hate it that much consider moving. Be cautioned though, moving solely b/c of weather is generally not very smart. I didn't think i would miss Buffalo at all but i do everyday. I miss the real city feel, the subway, the downtown nightlife and most importantly my family. Would i move back? Probably not unless i got a killer job, but as the years go on and my parents get older i may end up back up there simply to be with them.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:50 PM

9,578 posts, read 8,880,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
That maybe true for retirees. The rest of us have lives to live outside of our homes.
People have lives in winter up north outside their homes... the point is its hot in the south in summer making it uncomfortable and cold in the north in winter...making it uncomfortable. Pick yer poison.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:01 PM

1,142 posts, read 776,814 times
Beautiful day in north Ohio today. First time this year it was warm enough to open all the windows and air the house out.
Put up the screens and washed all the windows.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:33 AM

86 posts, read 182,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blackgt View Post
I moved from Buffalo to Jacksonville actually. North Florida is really nice weather wise, you get a distinct cooler season (60-70 degree daytime temps for a few months) Summers really aren't that bad either, nothing like i was expecting. I think last summer there was only 2 or so days were it was so hot and humid i didn't want to step outside. Everyone makes it sound much worse then it is down here in summer. No your don't want to run 5 miles at 2 in the afternoon, but there are still plenty hours of the day where you can be outside very comfortably.

Just suck it up and push through, your almost through winter. I know the feeling of being tired of it by March, but on the plus side Buffalo has probably the best summer weather I have ever experienced. If you really hate it that much consider moving. Be cautioned though, moving solely b/c of weather is generally not very smart. I didn't think i would miss Buffalo at all but i do everyday. I miss the real city feel, the subway, the downtown nightlife and most importantly my family. Would i move back? Probably not unless i got a killer job, but as the years go on and my parents get older i may end up back up there simply to be with them.
I've thought about Jacksonville because of the same things you mentioned. We've never been there though. We have always gone to Central Florida. I will have to look closer at that part of the state. I agree with you about not moving solely on the weather. But, it is a big part of the decision once I do it down the road. Our last two winters were miserable and long. As I get older, it gets harder to deal with it. Then spring comes very late each year. Summer is great but it is brief. But I do realize that each area has its positives and negatives. Just something each of us has to deal with.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:10 AM

3,714 posts, read 3,117,690 times
For the record, the temps along the east coast within a mile or two of the beach (don't know about the Gulf coast) are usually drastically lower in the summer than a few miles inland. The daily sea breeze does wonders for air temps and humidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida