Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2008, 11:30 AM

3 posts, read 19,307 times

Advertisements

Could'nt find a Keys section so this must be the place.
The family and I just came back from the FL. keys and feel in love with a condo unit in Key Largo near MM 90-105, 2 beds, 2 bath? (1 has a tub/sink/camode the other a shower stall/sink/camode) 4 unit building on stilts, central air, tile throughout, newer appli. built I think in 1992, also comes with a boat slip 15X32 with deep water dockage, has a pool in a mostly residential upscale home neighborhood 600K +.
Asking price is 700K with the current FL. market what is a realistic offer to put in, I read somewhere (don't remember what FL. newspaper) actual selling prices were 20-30% off asking price, is 450to 490K actually a real price to offer.
There is tons of stuff for sale in the Keys and according to full time residents we spoke with in the middle keys we talked to the prices are comming way down due to the fact so much is for sale and not selling as quick as some thought.
For us this would be a vacation retreat which inturn when we are not there we would rent it out which is the current statis for all four units now 1350.00 high season 900-1000 low.
Also, what would a boat slip with deep dockage rent for with quick access to the Atlantic and a 4 mile ride to a spot to cross to the bay side be, I think up to a 35ft boat would fit.
Taxes, 1 to 2% of sale price is this correct?
Not worried about the schools our kids would finish where we are and I think medical is close just to the south with trama going to Miami? necessity shopping is a 45 min. walk 10 by car.
What else would we need to consider pro/con in Key Largo?
Maint. month fee is 450.00.
What does insurance run and type needed?
What if a blow comes and we have renters there what is the repercussion of this if they get hurt?
where does the population evac. to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida