Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 01:40 PM

68 posts, read 97,738 times

Advertisements

Hi "EVERYONE"

First and foremost, I sincerely want to say that I am just so truly grateful for Great Gracious sites and Forums such as this and the SUPER kind members that definitely make it Thankfully happen.

I joined this Great venue I believe 2 years ago when I was sitting in a High priced studio apartment in Nassau County, LI and wanting to re-relocate back to FL after residing in Central, FL and being Stupidly talked into relocating back home to NY by a family member and it was then that I started communicating with some Great members who graciously directed me to the Southwest side towards Clearwater, Dunedin and Palm Harbor, where I eventually wound up going to, as I was not particularity fond of Central FL when I did reside there.

Since that time in being in Palm Harbor, FL I had to Disgracefully get my elderly mom away from my very Shameful family members and I moved her in with me to care for her, as I vowed that as long as I Breathe she will Never see the inside of an ALF or worse yet a Nursing Home and when they Shamefully could not properly care for her I moved her in with me.

Palm Harbor was OK yet it was just not for me. It is just Great in my opinion for someone raising a Family yet just not someone like me or in my position and situation, which you need to please read on to understand what I mean.

I decided I would not renew the lease in Palm Harbor, as I strictly rent, come February 2015 and after speaking with many people knowing my situation they strongly encouraged me to move into a rental home in The Villages, FL, which Yes I listened again and did and I must honestly tell you that I Do Not Like it Here, as it is just Great for elderly retired couples who just Absolutely Love Golf and driving Golf-carts and Love Shuffle-board, Bingo, and All the Great community Amenities it very definitely has to offer yet once again, "It is Definitely Not For Me"

I honestly Do Not know what is Right for me any longer or if it even Truly Exists, yet I know that there is Thankfully A Bunch of Great individuals like you out there that might know what my Best option Should be, so I gratefully come Looking for the Hopeful Magical answer, which I sincerely know just may not Exist for me.

This might sound Completely Crazy yet I am a 56 year old widower, who just gets along with Everyone and moving to these places that I just have (Palm Harbor, FL and The Villages, FL), where people just seem so consumed by their Homes,, cars Golf-carts and possessions, I honestly believe that I would do just Great in an ALF where I could come and go as I please yet have Great neighbors and friends all around me when I am home, yet I know that I am a bit to Premature for that yet I wonder if there is a Place in Florida that can come Real Close for me?

I do know that I have Now A Great Respect for individuals who opt to go and be in an ALF which I could Never understand before.

No, I just Do Not want to play the Dating Game any longer, as others have graciously encouraged me to do and I Do Not Want a Live-In mate to Help me spend my monies either, I would just Love to be in a Place where I am not surrounded by people who just want to be alone and with their material and worldly possessions as it is unfortunately just Not For Me!

I Fully realize that there may not be a place in the US that will give me what I desire yet I can tell you this regardless how Crazy it sounds, if I must Be Miserable then I'd rather be Miserable in FL than NY, as I have been to both and prefer FL GREATER!

Thank you "EVERYONE & ANY ONE" who wants to graciously & gratefully respond!
Kind Regards,
SD

Last edited by SDeP; 03-19-2015 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 02:01 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
I'm not sure what type of town you're looking for other than what you don't want which does eliminate a lot of options in Florida, which in turn makes it easier probably. Perhaps a city like Tallahassee which has a completely different feel with a well-educated population more into cultural endeavors versus golf and other typical retiree center activities would be a good change?

Old 03-19-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I'm not sure what type of town you're looking for other than what you don't want which does eliminate a lot of options in Florida, which in turn makes it easier probably. Perhaps a city like Tallahassee which has a completely different feel with a well-educated population more into cultural endeavors versus golf and other typical retiree center activities would be a good change?
Hi Kyle19125,

First and foremost, Thank you so much for your input and time as it is greatly appreciated.

You may or not remember me yet you were the gracious one that steered me into the Pinellas County direction and suggested Sabal Palm at Boot Ranch as being a nice apartment community to reside, judging solely on your passing it from a distance to and from work, and although I did in fact wind up residing there, the place had very little to be desired and if you enjoyed opening up your windows and doors to the Fresh Aroma of Dog Feces each and every day, then That is Definitely The Place to Be?

In ALL Honesty and as I had said, I really do not know what I am looking for any longer or if it even exists, as I just Do Not want to be in place where people are just so wrapped up in the material and worldly possessions and no communication exists outside of their family members and friends and I know, This Unfortunately is Our World Today yet I just thought there may some sort of Apartment Community that revolves around resident interaction and mingling and Not just collecting rent... I know...I know...Keep Dreaming!

When I setup Medical equipment in the ALF's I derived more enjoyment communicating and mingling with the residents then I ever did returning back home to my Great BIG house where the neighbors struggled to give you a quick Hello and GO!

I have been looking towards Sarasota, Ft. Lauderdale, Vero Beach, anywhere where something I enjoy being around exists and I just SO GREATLY Appreciate yours and Any One's insight and input as we All Hopefully well know that "No One Could Possibly Know Everything"

Thank you and Kind Regards,
SD

Old 03-20-2015, 11:03 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,840,930 times
There are always Hari Krishna communes if you don't like the "worldly goods" vibe. Not sure what their opinion is on dog doo, but there you go.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
There are always Hari Krishna communes if you don't like the "worldly goods" vibe. Not sure what their opinion is on dog doo, but there you go.
Thank you kindly yet it is not that I do not like worldly goods, as I just would like to find a place where neighbors are more open and friendly like once upon a time yet I fully realize that those days are unfortunately very long gone and being a widower who is definitely not looking for a live-in mate makes what I really enjoy and want even that much more unattainable.

If there was a place that would be like being on a constant cruise I definitely would not be here or posting my thread to All the Great and Gracious forum members and that you can be real sure of!

Kind Regards,
SD

Old 03-23-2015, 07:55 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,094,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDeP View Post
If there was a place that would be like being on a constant cruise I definitely would not be here or posting my thread to All the Great and Gracious forum members and that you can be real sure of!

Kind Regards,
SD
I don't know what kind of money you have but yes, you can actually live on a cruise ship on the World of Residensea.

The World - Luxury Residences at Sea

Old 03-24-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I don't know what kind of money you have but yes, you can actually live on a cruise ship on the World of Residensea.

The World - Luxury Residences at Sea
Hi blueherons,

When i made my analogy of having a life just like living on cruise ship I just never in my wildest of imaginations would have ever believed that you honestly could and your very grateful response has definitely opened up my eyes and although I have absolutely no idea what it would cost to live this great life, as I did in fact visit the site, view the video and read what was there, I can tell you that I am now going to definitely inquire about it.

I am definitely no multimillionaire yet I gratefully do have some good monies and if this is within my reach, I will definitely be strongly considering it.

Thank you so kindly for your time as it is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
SD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida