U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:19 AM

15,211 posts, read 31,183,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Broward, yes it has some crime but the weather is nice and it's the most liberal area in Florida.

Don't believe the hype about Sarasota. It's a nice area but not for someone from Europe. Better check it first.
WRONG!! - I LIVE HERE, and you don't. Been here for 25 years. I wonder if you have ever even been here, at least in recent times - There are tons of people from Europe and ALL OVER THE WORLD here! I don't even know why you would say such a thing. We have friends from France, Brazil, Russia and others to name a few. Our friends from France love it more than their home on the Riviera! It is a real pet peeve of mine for people to make ignorant statements like this when they know nothing about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 06:16 AM

5 posts, read 5,898 times
Thanks Everyone for your comments, much appreciated. I am going to start in Miami Beach and explore out from there. My friends in Florida say I should live somewhere like The Roney Palace, On Collins Ave and 23rd, Miami Beach. I can't seem to find any other choices of accommodation on that strip that suit the budget and am afraid it is going to be too crazy long term. Does anyone have any experience with this property or can suggest any other properties to check out?

Old 04-05-2015, 06:54 AM

137 posts, read 177,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
WRONG!! - I LIVE HERE, and you don't. Been here for 25 years. I wonder if you have ever even been here, at least in recent times - There are tons of people from Europe and ALL OVER THE WORLD here! I don't even know why you would say such a thing. We have friends from France, Brazil, Russia and others to name a few. Our friends from France love it more than their home on the Riviera! It is a real pet peeve of mine for people to make ignorant statements like this when they know nothing about it!
Hey......how do you really have many 'true' friends if you are on here or other social media so much? Do y'all sit around and type on the net all together? lol. Now don't get all bent out of shape, I am just messing with you- just kidding, you know 'carrying on'? Something that many people can't seem to do these days, or take any personal ribbing at all. Don't worry I am still one of your many 'fans' on here . On a more serious note, it has always amazed me though, how so many people have all these 'friends' yet they spend most their waking hours online on social media. To stay on a Florida topic and comply with rules--- out of all the towns in that region of Florida, I have most admired St. Pete. It just seems so so clean and sharp there every time I am at least downtown there. At the same time it it seems serene and low stressed.

Old 04-05-2015, 05:57 PM

3,504 posts, read 7,951,325 times
Sarasota is a great area to live in - I don't get the crack about Europeans not wanting to live here - when I go to the beach I hear accents from all over the world; Russian, German, French - you name it

Old 04-05-2015, 06:40 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,156,963 times
I would be cautious about Miami Beach, but to know more specifics you should post in the Miami forum. It is not known to be low crime. But yes, it has great views. I had a friend who lived near Collins and 23rd, and there are a lot of slumlords around who take your money but take terrible care of the property. She paid good money for a place with a balcony overlooking the ocean, but then they put all the balconies on that side under construction without warning and left them closed with no progress for over 2 years, without lowering the rent! She could have sued, but Miami is known to be a very corrupt place and it's hard to get justice against people with power. So instead she moved out and moved up to North Broward. So just be cautious of where you rent, and try to find out what residents of the building think of the management - usually they have no incentive to maintain the property well because there are always new people willing to move in and pay the rent to enjoy the view. The view was gorgeous though, if I were my friend I would have been on that balcony every day (before it was closed) and never been able to leave for work!

Old 04-10-2015, 07:06 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,550,109 times
Miami Beach would be too busy imho. I would think Sarasota would be a nice place and maybe St Pete/Tampa area. I also liked West Palm but we lived there and are coming back to it in a few months (P.S. also spent 1/2 of my life in Europe, then Canada, then all over the States).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or