U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 09:04 PM

11 posts, read 9,873 times

Advertisements

I'm a 24 year old male. I was living in Orlando Florida for 4 years going to school and working part time jobs. The lease on my apartment in Orlando ended in January. I was out of options so I moved back in with my parents in Naples. I've been working on getting into real estate. Hopefully I will be taking my licensing test ASAP!!! I have a good gig living rent free with my parents but with that comes my parents meddling in my life. I'm hoping to start the next chapter of my life with a real job as a real estate associate. I'm looking for somewhere where there is a good mix of young people in there 20s and 30s but also people that are looking to buy a house. (Aka the older crowd with money). I also have a golden retriever so having a dog park or beach near by would be a must. I would love a cool downtown area with fun restaurants and shops. The closer to the beach the better. A place where friends and family would want to visit. I'm going to rent a house to start then eventually buy a cheap fixer upper or a tar down and make my dream house for a good price. I also do photography and looking to do art shows on the side. So any suggestions on a cool city that fits some of all of these requirements would be appreciated. FYI I'm gay but you wouldn't know it looking at me and don't really announce it to the world. Looking to find the one and settle down. So that would be a plus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 06:21 AM

21,195 posts, read 30,379,606 times
I'm gay as well and given your desire for a cool, thriving town that's on the upswing would highly recommend St Petersburg. While it doesn't have the reputation of being "younger" that's changing fast with many of the historic neighborhoods being discovered by those in their 20's and 30's and along with that the downtown area is booming with new restaurants, bars, shops and plenty of new construction. St Pete is a city on the move and given your occupational interests cannot think of a better place to be in Florida for current/future possibilities.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:27 AM

24 posts, read 22,661 times
Any other suggestions? I think if I remember correctly you have suggested Jupiter fl before? Is Miami not the place to be? I feel like that would be a very up and coming area for people. @Kyle19125

Old 04-01-2015, 10:42 AM

21,195 posts, read 30,379,606 times
I wouldn't recommend Jupiter at all for someone who is younger (mid 20s) and gay. It's very family-oriented and a good bit older on average. Miami is growing but I don't think it's going to have the vibe you're looking for most likely as the gay community tends to be very party/nightclub oriented and not a place I would spend anytime looking for "Mr. Right" as they're typically not drawn to places like that. Plus Miami definitely isn't affordable for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or