U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 12:19 PM

3 posts, read 2,668 times

Advertisements

Hi, we're moving to Florida this summer, but can't decide on Sanford or Oviedo. I lived in Longwood as a kid, but really don't want to live in that area. From what I read, both places have great schools, my kid is in middle school. I'm trying to find a place that has a great school, is safe and isn't out in the middle of nowhere. Oh, and a place where I can find a house to rent. I'd consider apartments, but they'd have to be in a good area and allow pets. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 01:55 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,292,808 times
i prefer oviedo, but there are nice parts of sanford. oviedo is a little less congested with lower crime in my opinion.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:42 PM

21,237 posts, read 30,486,189 times
I'd recommend West Sanford. It's actually quite safe (probably equal to Oviedo), convenient to more nearby amenities and has the two highest rated middle schools in Seminole County (Sanford MS and Millennium MS). The Sanford MS neighborhoods have a good selection of apartments to choose from with Arbor Lakes, Ballantrae, Colonial Grand Town Park and Solara all very nice gated complexes that allow pets. Also you might check out the Lake Forest area where townhomes are often for rent in Terracina which is zoned for SMS, as well as Savannah Park which has townhomes for rent too sometimes (look on Trulia or Realtor.com for rentals there as well as single family homes in the area). The Orange Boulevard corridor north of SR46 has some nice subdivisions all zoned for SMS, as well as Kaywood and Idyllwilde which are off of SR-46A (the area I live in which are generally older well-kept homes in very established neighborhoods).

Apartments for Rent in Sanford, FL | OPTIMUS ARBOR LAKES - Home
Ballantrae Apartments - Sanford
Apartments in Lake Mary, FL | Colonial Grand at Town Park
Solara (Sanford,FL)
Terracina at Lake Forest - Home Page

Old 04-03-2015, 03:31 PM

3 posts, read 2,668 times
Wow, thank you so much for all the help! I'll definitely look into those places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida