U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:23 AM

103 posts, read 165,874 times

Advertisements

How refreshing to see such a positive post, love it! I too am thankful & feel blessed to be living back in Florida. When I was 21 I couldn't get out fast enough, after having grown up down here. The bright lights of NYC were calling. I ended up living in CT for 24 years and finally made it back to Florida in 2013. I absolutely love the crystal clear water in the springs, to see the dolphins swim in the Gulf, all of the pine & palm trees, and the Spanish moss that hangs over the roads. We are blessed to live in a beautiful home, swim in our pool, and know that my kids are going to a great school. Life is way too short & precious, so you should be happy where you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 04:08 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,278,951 times
i was down in the dumps for a while, nothing personal against anyone or anything in particular. i jest felt the need to complain and not sure why, i was going through some stuff but all better now. i was also missing some stuff about where i came from prior to movong to FL, and was still having to adjust to getting back into the groove of things.

i'm good now and appreciate what i've got, and very thankful.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:36 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,158,190 times
I had a rough few days myself, but I'm grateful for my neighbors and some other locals who have become friends of mine, because all of them helped to make my days brighter! I'm not used to living in an area where one gets to know one's neighbors, so that is continually amazing to me, and a much appreciated change of lifestyle!

Old 04-20-2015, 06:05 PM

499 posts, read 416,581 times
So nice to read such positive posts - thank you! I wish there wasn't so much negativity here...it can be very discouraging

Old 04-20-2015, 06:44 PM

201 posts, read 189,124 times
Hi,

I just want to echo a lot of the sentiments expressed here. I moved to Sarasota, FL in December. As expected, it takes some time to get used to the change. I feel so lucky to have been able to move here. For some years, it was only a dream, or a thought. Yes, there are always things you may not like when you move to a new area. However, there are many positives here. Sarasota is a beautiful place to live with many amenities to appreciate.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:05 AM

66 posts, read 72,563 times
8 weeks from our move back south... back to FL. I am feeling nervous, excited, and relieved. Thanks for the positive thoughts about the place. I miss it so. In so many ways I feel like I'm going home even though we are going to an area I've never lived in FL before.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:11 AM

3,719 posts, read 3,133,349 times
In the last week I've surfed twice, golfed three times, pulled some weeds, walked on the beach a few times, watched lighting storms over the ocean, watched a rocket launch, sweated some in the heat and humidity and had a few meals of fish and shrimp that I caught myself. Don't really have any complaints about Florida.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:26 AM

7 posts, read 3,314 times
Congratulations! Thanks Comsense for sharing you priceless and happiness moments with us.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:25 AM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,537,353 times
Glad to see something positive! Completely agree, ComSense.

I just got back to America a few months ago and I can live anywhere in the country. But I'm returning to my home state of Florida because for right now, it gives me the highest quality of life. I'm really not looking beyond 3-5 years right now. I used to hate Florida with a passion, but after spending time abroad I've come back appreciating it somehow. Would I go back to the Florida city I grew up in? No way. But that's why I found my "spot" in Florida..somewhere I can be happy living even if it is in Florida.

I'm adjusting to the humidity for the first time in my life, and for once I'm actually looking forward to living in Florida. I do plan on taking some road trips soon, because even though I'm a Florida native...I still haven't seen much of the state. Just like the OP, there are things I don't like about Florida...but the good parts outweigh the bad. Everyone likes to talk about lower wages in FL, but at least for me I'd make more money here than I would in other states.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:41 AM

339 posts, read 321,112 times
I too appreciate the positive posts. I am moving this summer to Naples - long story - and grow weary of all the negativity. No place is perfect on this earth. It's all about choices. I'll take heat and humidity over blizzards and sub-zero temperatures any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or