U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2015, 12:29 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,156,453 times

Advertisements

Thought some of you might appreciate the chance to see what it's like out there. These are just a handful of pictures I took on a recent kayaking excursion Oceanside in Islamorada, on a beautiful calm April day in the Keys. Inevitably, while there were a number of wildlife encounters like a line of about 18 pelicans skimming the surface right next to me, terns diving for tiny fish within 20 ft of me, etc, by the time I got out my waterproof camera they were gone.

If anybody knows how to embed the images directly into the text so one can see them full size without having to click on them, please let me know. I hate having to put them as attachments, but they do not have a URL because they're my personal photos.

And yeah, I do feel really lucky to live here.

1. Heading out into turquoise water
2. Heading west toward the Bahamas (but not quite going that far!)
3. Looking down through crystal clear water at seagrass
4. The bridge that seems to sink into the sea
5. Low tide on coastal flats - don't be mistaken, this is no beach... it doesn't even exist a few hours before or after!
[Copyright StarfishKey 2015]
Attached Thumbnails
Sea Kayaking in the Florida Keys-img_0080-copy.jpg   Sea Kayaking in the Florida Keys-img_0090-copy.jpg   Sea Kayaking in the Florida Keys-img_0091-copy.jpg   Sea Kayaking in the Florida Keys-img_0102-copy.jpg   Sea Kayaking in the Florida Keys-img_0166-copy.jpg  

Last edited by StarfishKey; 04-09-2015 at 12:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 05:19 AM

1,560 posts, read 1,552,121 times
Nice pics. Kayaking is something I want to do in retirement.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:20 AM

10 posts, read 14,411 times
Nice pics. I am up in N FL but love coming down there as often as possible! I love kayaking and the water in the keys is amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or