U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 02:23 PM

15,197 posts, read 31,148,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
It amazes me that you are able to put so many individuals in your narrow minded view of who relocates to FL and their goals. Your extremely limited view is sickening.

FYI:

Florida is the 3rd largest state and the 18th largest economy in the world, if Florida were a country.

Florida is home to over 18,200 manufacturers employing more than 317,000 workers.

Florida is a premier aerospace and space location. 470+ industry companies from aircraft parts and assembly, to intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance, to missiles. Florida also offers tremendous space launch assets.

Florida is the birthplace of commercial aviation and the air transport hub of the Western Hemisphere. We rank #1 among states for air transportation and flight training businesses. Florida is also home to the #1 U.S. airport for international air cargo.

Florida is home to some of the nation's most highly regarded research centers; over 1,000 biotech, pharmaceutical and medical devices companies; and a foundation of more than 45,000 healthcare establishments - including 700+ hospitals.

Florida is home to more than 250 biotech companies and world renowned R&D institutes specializing in therapeutics, diagnostics, industrial/ag biotech and other areas.

Florida boasts the #3 largest medical device manufacturing industry in the U.S.. Nearly 19,000 Floridians work in this industry, with a majority of companies located along the I-4 Corridor in Central Florida, the Jacksonville area, and in South Florida.

Florida’s 200+ pharmaceutical and medicine manufacturing companies. They employ nearly 4,500 researchers, engineers, technicians and workers.

Florida hosts 20 major military installations and 3 unified combat commands, and nearly all of the nation’s leading contractors tap into our tremendous industry base and large pool of skilled workers and veterans.

Florida is home to perhaps the world’s largest modeling, simulation and training (MST) clusters, with over 300 companies and 22,500 professionals. Florida companies are building simulation and training systems for the defense, medical, entertainment, education and other sectors.

Florida’s photonics cluster is among the largest in the United States, with some 270 companies employing nearly 5,800 professionals focused on the design, development, manufacturing, testing, and integration of photonics and related systems

Florida is one of the nation’s largest software and computer systems industries – with 12,600 firms employing 80,000+ industry professionals. Major areas of growth include gaming, medical, finance, defense/homeland security.

Florida’s microelectronics and computer products sector – made up of 700 companies and their 32,000 employees – produces a broad spectrum of equipment, from ubiquitous microprocessors and circuit boards to nano-sized devices and other technologies of the future.

Florida’s creative and tech industries develop some of the best video games, mobile applications, and other digital media technologies. There are some 4,200 industry companies in Florida, employing nearly 11,000 people.

Florida has become the nation’s Internet gateway to Latin America and Europe. Our telecom industry includes 6,800+ firms and 93,000 workers, with a high concentration of firms in web portal and Internet related development, and mobile technologies and equipment.

Logistics is big business in Florida, where the broader wholesale trade, transportation and logistics industry employs more than half a million Floridians. Nearly every major global logistics integrator already has a presence in the state, including the headquarters for Ryder System, Inc., Landstar System Inc., CEVA Logistics U.S., Inc. and other top logistics companies. As the Western Hemisphere's commercial gateway, Florida's logistics & distribution industry is poised to grow further with the Panama Canal expansion in 2016 and the numerous infrastructure developments and upgrades underway around the state.

Floridians are building a robust cleantech industry, with particular strength in energy, efficiency, and environmental technologies. Florida is already home to industry innovators from Mitsubishi Power Systems Americas, to Siemens Energy, to Saft.

Florida is home to industry leading producers of power generation systems, a variety of solar technology companies, biofuel producers, and battery and fuel cell manufacturers.
GReat post - couldn't rep you. Keep it handy so you can keep pasting it into the many other ignorant threads that the negative Nellies like to post.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:52 PM

2,111 posts, read 2,091,981 times
Quote:
Florida is home to some of the nation's most highly regarded research centers; over 1,000 biotech, pharmaceutical and medical devices companies; and a foundation of more than 45,000 healthcare establishments - including 700+ hospitals.

Florida is home to more than 250 biotech companies and world renowned R&D institutes specializing in therapeutics, diagnostics, industrial/ag biotech and other areas.

Florida’s 200+ pharmaceutical and medicine manufacturing companies. They employ nearly 4,500 researchers, engineers, technicians and workers.
Do you have a source or a list of the pharma, biotech, and medical device companies in FL where I can get a list of companies and where they are located? My husband and I recently purchased a house down here, but we had a company up north that provided services to those industries and I couldn't find but a handful down here. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:00 PM

4,925 posts, read 4,916,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishKey View Post
Wow, so you basically hate everybody. You hate Latinos, Jewish people, poor white people, poor people in urban areas, working class people, "and the list could go on and on."

Classy.

As George Carlin would say" It is not racist if you hate everyone equally". That poster might have been some hyperbole in his post but he had some truth to what he was saying as in the reasons why people hate Florida. Every place has its good and bad points.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:37 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,123,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
Do you have a source or a list of the pharma, biotech, and medical device companies in FL where I can get a list of companies and where they are located? My husband and I recently purchased a house down here, but we had a company up north that provided services to those industries and I couldn't find but a handful down here. Thanks in advance.
Let me Google that for you. List of biotech, pharma & medical device companies in Florida

Old 04-30-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Thank you. I don't know what I put in the first time, but I didn't get a nice a list as that.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:01 AM

12,135 posts, read 13,253,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
GReat post - couldn't rep you. Keep it handy so you can keep pasting it into the many other ignorant threads that the negative Nellies like to post.
I hear ya Gyps. A lot of people have blinders on and only see a very narrow slice of life. It seems that what they post about is the story of how they lived and the people they knew. U can go anywhere in the US and find people who work at minimum wage jobs with no chance of ever changing their lives. Just as the fast food worker in Orlando earns 8-10 dollars an hour, so does their counterparts in NYC, Chicago, Denver, etc. There are low paid workers all over the country. There are high school drop outs all over the country. Stating that FL attracts people of lower means is ridiculous.

I also note that a lot of the Negative Nellies and Danny Downers here boast about how many states or cities that they have lived in. That shows me that they arent happy no matter where they were because they are still wandering looking for that nirvanna. Perhaps they should try the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
There are trade associations for companies of like kind, i.e. Florida Medical Manufacturers Consortium

Just Google the type of business you are interested in using something like "FL biotech" or "FL medical device manufacturers. Couldnt be easier.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
There are trade associations for companies of like kind, i.e. Florida Medical Manufacturers Consortium

Just Google the type of business you are interested in using something like "FL biotech" or "FL medical device manufacturers. Couldnt be easier.
Thanks. I was asking because my google searches were bringing up too many job sites. The previous poster had a good google set that eliminated the job sites. I needed "list of" because just "FL pharmaceutical" brought up mostly jobs on Monster and Indeed.

Thanks for the link to the consortium.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I was asking because my google searches were bringing up too many job sites. The previous poster had a good google set that eliminated the job sites. I needed "list of" because just "FL pharmaceutical" brought up mostly jobs on Monster and Indeed.

Thanks for the link to the consortium.
The more carefully u phrase the search the better the results. Use Boolean too -

Old 05-08-2015, 02:07 PM

Percentage of people with a bachelor's degree or higher:
FL 26.4%
CA 30.7%
USA 28.8%

Not much of a spread there. And CA has almost twice the population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida