U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 11:54 AM

473 posts, read 646,253 times

Advertisements

Quick Google search brought up this:

Alcohol increases skin cancer risk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 12:04 AM

7,003 posts, read 3,888,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85rx-7gsl-se View Post
Quick Google search brought up this:

Alcohol increases skin cancer risk
An odd situation where existing data from other focused studies was compiled in Great Britain to come up with some figures that hinted at a link.

I would concede, however, that when mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun, those who pass out from drinking to excess may certainly get a sunburn.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:47 PM

9,324 posts, read 23,821,237 times
I lived in Key Largo from 1990-2010 and know this is correct. Other guys my age look so much older, and I know of several tragedies due to drinking and driving, drinking and boating, etc. Believe it or not I have never been drunk and rarely consumed alcohol. None of my friends did either. But every local watering hole was loaded with drinkers and smokers. Today you can still see them at the American Legion. Yet out here in hendry county there's as much drinking in my opinion. The most disgusting thing in my opinion is a smoker and a drunk.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:17 AM

1,490 posts, read 969,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I lived in Key Largo from 1990-2010 and know this is correct. Other guys my age look so much older, and I know of several tragedies due to drinking and driving, drinking and boating, etc. Believe it or not I have never been drunk and rarely consumed alcohol. None of my friends did either. But every local watering hole was loaded with drinkers and smokers. Today you can still see them at the American Legion. Yet out here in hendry county there's as much drinking in my opinion. The most disgusting thing in my opinion is a smoker and a drunk.
Everybody knows of several tragedies that may involve drinking, and several which don't.

Clearly bars are not your thing. Why go to them or pass judgment on them? And I can think of much more disgusting types of people than a smoking drunk personally.

Old 05-10-2015, 06:16 AM

3,720 posts, read 3,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
I can think of much more disgusting types of people than a smoking drunk personally.
You talking bout short people?

Old 07-30-2015, 12:18 AM

2 posts, read 1,197 times
please tacke care.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:53 PM

1 posts, read 344 times
Hello, StarfishKey!

My name is Stefanie and I'm a student at Yale University, where I'm writing an article for publication about the escapism of the Florida Keys and the history of its most impressive landmark, the Overseas Highway. Part of the article concerns the historical and personal influence of excessive substance usage that forms part of the Keys lifestyle for some.

As a South Florida native, the Keys hold deep personal meaning for me, and I find it fascinating that my clearest insight into this issue that I've found online has been this forum post. I'd love to hear back from you and ask you a couple questions about what community efforts (particularly in the Lower Keys, from Marathon to Key West) are in place to combat this issue, especially in the context of a growing national opioid epidemic.

You can reach me by private message, where I can give you my contact information. I look forward to learning more about this from you!

All best,
Stefanie

Old 12-09-2016, 04:51 AM

2,056 posts, read 2,474,031 times
These old, resurrected threads that mysteriously reappear by first time posters are very strange indeed. Personally, I find it pretty odd that a Yale student would do their research on an online forum. That's university research? At Yale?

The reason that alcohol increases our risk to cancer (or any disease) kokonutty is that it lowers the immune system's response to diseases.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:12 PM

1,460 posts, read 1,495,155 times
It worked for Ernest Hemingway.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:07 PM

10,595 posts, read 10,872,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
These old, resurrected threads that mysteriously reappear by first time posters are very strange indeed. Personally, I find it pretty odd that a Yale student would do their research on an online forum. That's university research? At Yale?

The reason that alcohol increases our risk to cancer (or any disease) kokonutty is that it lowers the immune system's response to diseases.
Alcohol is directly carcinogenic as well,, for example in liver and throat cancer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or