Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 07:09 AM

2 posts, read 5,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp19777 View Post
Basically things are not going good for me at all, im 29 2 kids, me and my gf broke up and im about to be homeless due to high rents in ny...... i make 15.61 at a cable company called cablevision and this is my working experience. my mom lives in sanford florida and i was thinking of moving there with her to try and startover and start a new life and get myself on my feet. but everyone says jobs and life in florida sucks and this is intimidating to me. can anyone give me advice considering im young single and trieng to start over. am i making a good or bad decision?

Florida is great for homelessness. Where else can you sleep on the streets in January without freezing your butt off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 09:02 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp19777 View Post
Basically things are not going good for me at all, im 29 2 kids, me and my gf broke up and im about to be homeless due to high rents in ny...... i make 15.61 at a cable company called cablevision and this is my working experience. my mom lives in sanford florida and i was thinking of moving there with her to try and startover and start a new life and get myself on my feet. but everyone says jobs and life in florida sucks and this is intimidating to me. can anyone give me advice considering im young single and trieng to start over. am i making a good or bad decision?
Actually, cable installation is big business down here. The technician that put in my dish makes around 80K a year; not bad for Florida, eh?

Old 09-19-2007, 12:04 PM

960 posts, read 1,686,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Actually, cable installation is big business down here. The technician that put in my dish makes around 80K a year; not bad for Florida, eh?
I find that very hard to believe...

He told you how much he makes? Or did you decifer that from how much you were charged per hour? Because if you were charged an hourly rate of say $100 for any kind of service, its more than likely the service man only makes $14-15 an hour.

If satellite dish workers were making that sort of paycheck, you'd see hundreds of thousands of guys dying to get on the payroll.

The technicians for the local cable company Comcast start out at around $11.50 an hour.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:27 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
I was "Googling" a bit, and on the Dish network site, it says an average tech makes about 40G with the potential for up to 65 - and they are subcontractors.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:44 PM

960 posts, read 1,686,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I was "Googling" a bit, and on the Dish network site, it says an average tech makes about 40G with the potential for up to 65 - and they are subcontractors.
Is that the average for Florida? Or is 40K their average wage for across the US? We all know that someone in NY or CA are going to make at least double what they do here in Florida.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:11 PM

245 posts, read 298,356 times
Default Huh?

Moderator cut: deleted post quoted

Besides the remark you thought was funny, can you give any reason to believe that a move to Florida is a good idea? Oh, other than that you don't tax?

Last edited by Keeper; 09-19-2007 at 02:45 PM..

Old 09-19-2007, 01:24 PM

942 posts, read 1,391,408 times
Alot of these remarks are not helping this person at all, I hope he has stopped reading them, and made his choice without all this. He probably already realizes that.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:09 PM

6 posts, read 25,519 times
Hi....I live in Toronto Canada and I would like to move to Ocala Florida.can anyone tell me if it is a good idea. and what is life really like down there.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:16 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,904,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Now keep in mind, Larry The Cable Guy is from FLORIDA!

Old 01-18-2008, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,811 times
Default Dude do not walk RUN AWAY

Oh boy I hope you havent' moved here and if you have I hope you get out fast. This place is HELL!!! Oh boy Sanford is a happening town. NOT!!!! Everyplace is a ghetto. The people totally suck. Jobs suck. Homes Suck. Bugs Suck. Weather Sucks.
You DO NOT want to live in Fking SANFORD. What a crap hole! Yea the only thing that put Sanford on the map is Larry the Cable Guy is from there. There's something to be proud of. NOT!!!!!
I have never seen so many totally assonine people, anywhere. And don't think there is even any resemeblence of law and order. The police are nothing more than gangs with guns. Why do you think every other commercial is a ambulance chasing lawyer. Traffic is worse than anywhere!!! People go out of their way to fk with you and try to ruin your life and in a lot of cases they succeed.
The worse people from just about everywhere else move to Florida and take their stupid jerk attitudes with them.
So you will see replys to this email, just know it is comeing from one of these fked up people that try to defend the HELL they live in because they are igorant and don't know any better.
I have lived in a lot of places in the U.S. and Florida is BY FAR the worse place I have ever lived. Soon as I can I'll be gone and I assure you I WILL NEVER BE BACK!!! For all you idiots that will tell me leave or fk off. You can have Florida and stick it where the sun don't shine! You deserve it and your too damn stupid to recognize the truth. So save your pandemic responses and shove them with Florida.
There a no good doctors in FLA because all the good ones left. What remains are the shady crack dealing doctors. Hope no one ever has to get an operation in Fla.
So in a nut shell dude. RUN do not WALK!!! RUN SCREAMING AWAY FROM FLORIDA! You have no idea what your in for. You can not believe the HELL FLA is and if you get this in time you will most definatly thank me later!!!
BTW, for all the jerkwads who will say you don't know what your talking about... I was born in Florida, lived there for 20 years, left and lived in alot of places including california, BTW California RULES!!!! But a bit expensive. Cali Owns Fla!!!!

If you like ******* people, horrible weather, a corrupt illeagal system, the worse traffic in the world, fking huge bugs, expensive everything, pay taxes upon taxes, criminal workers comp, the worse doctors on the planet, pay hundreds in extra charges if you get into an accident, a place that is mostly water but now is charging more for water because they are running out, low pay, criminal contractors, crappy roads, the worse school system on the planet and a bunch of other stuff I just can not remember then FLA is for you!
So in a nut shell dude. RUN do not WALK!!! RUN SCREAMING AWAY FROM FLORIDA! You have no idea what your in for. You can not believe the HELL FLA is and if you get this in time you will most definatly thank me later!!! If you already moved to FLA the I will pray for you because YOU WILL NEED IT!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida