Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Tampa really that much better than Orlando?
Yes 33 55.93%
No 26 44.07%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 06:07 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
That's what makes the US of A so great. Personally, if you like the idea of banning happy meals and plastic bags, a $15/min wage and high taxes on everything, enjoy the bay area/SF. If you want a waterfront mansion for a million (instead of 5-10x price) and low taxes, FL is there for you.
As usual, non-mainstream extreme examples from you given with a slap at the SF Bay area. You do realize there are many more blue areas no where near that far to the left, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 06:16 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
I never said Tampa couldn't described the same way, I just don't know enough about Tampa to describe much outside of I-75. If you can give an accurate description of Tampa Bay that you feel is more accurate please do so. Of course I have an Orlando slant, I grew up, I live here now, I love it here...so what's wrong with that??? I have also never said anything bad about TB, as matter of fact I have said many flattering things about Tampa Bay and would not mind living there but circumstances brought me home. Kyle you can't stand anything that's complimentary of Orlando, just admit it.
You described Central Florida as having the "best topography in the state" which I was pointing out is very similar to what Tampa has and then you went on the describe the perks in Orlando which are mirrored by what Tampa has to offer which by definition wouldn't make Orlando better somehow, other than through your opinion which doesn't hold water in an argument. I'm only pointing out the lack of validity of the statement that Orlando/Central Florida is somehow "better" based on those criteria. And I can absolutely stand compliments toward Orlando when they're actually fact-based or consistent with public opinion at least... not however when it's pom-pom shaking, cheerleader-like without any substance to it.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:18 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Quote:
I was comparing the regions. Central Florida and Tampa Bay. Disney is not in Orlando its south Orange county and Osceola county. Orlando and Tampa are within a 2 hour drive of each other. I do agree though that when many visitors come to CFL they rarely make it out of the tourists corridor, most have never even made it to downtown. Its a shame because theres so much more to CFL.
Some people actually consider Tampa Bay to be part of Central Florida. I don't, but for what it's worth.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:59 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
You described Central Florida as having the "best topography in the state" which I was pointing out is very similar to what Tampa has and then you went on the describe the perks in Orlando which are mirrored by what Tampa has to offer which by definition wouldn't make Orlando better somehow, other than through your opinion which doesn't hold water in an argument. I'm only pointing out the lack of validity of the statement that Orlando/Central Florida is somehow "better" based on those criteria. And I can absolutely stand compliments toward Orlando when they're actually fact-based or consistent with public opinion at least... not however when it's pom-pom shaking, cheerleader-like without any substance to it.
Ok so take out my opinion that it's best in state if that bothers you so much. Other than that I did I state anything inaccurate or untruthful??? So what I like to shake my poms poms did I give false information to the OP in anyway or mislead them with non-facts??? "Best" is a subjective qualification so it's always going to be based on personal opinion. You don't agree with my opinion write your own post about how Tampa Bay has the best topography in the state in your opinion.

If Tampa has the same topography someone please write up a post about Tampa Bay topography, I can't!!! I spend almost all my time in Tampa Bay west of I-75, I can tell you what I know about Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete which is all pretty coastal environment. If there are any hills, or other topography in Tampa Bay I can't tell you about that. I've been to Spring Hill near Tampa which seems similar to Clermont but I don't know if that's considered Lakeland, it's own area, whatever. If it bothers you so much, please just write another post about the topography of Tampa Bay. I really don't see the need to discredit my post as yes I may have stated my opinion, but I did not any way state anything false.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:11 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
there is no topography in FL. seriously. arguing over 2 cities that are flat and have palm trees and bushes lol.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:24 PM

Streets we're discussing the regions, Tampa Bay and Central Florida. If you haven't visited places like Clermont, Mt. Dora and Lake County it's not flat. If you've ever driven the turnpike, it's the strip just north of Orange county where it gets pretty hilly. I understand some people from up north don't consider those "hills" but it's certainly not flat. I would invite you to visit the area, especially the Green Mountain Scenic Byway you may be surprised, if anything you'll at least have an enjoyable ride. And I'm not arguing that one is flat one is not, I simply stated what I know about Central Florida. Apparently there are hilly areas of Tampa Bay as well. I think I made it clear I like both Tampa Bay and CFL but my opinions bother some.

Old 05-13-2015, 03:08 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
As usual, non-mainstream extreme examples from you given with a slap at the SF Bay area. You do realize there are many more blue areas no where near that far to the left, right?
Yup, and FL is probably not that far from those areas. We can both agree it's a nice middle of the road purple state in the south (a rarity)

Old 05-13-2015, 03:32 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
I'm a native, CR.

Old 05-13-2015, 03:53 PM

I'm close to a native, been here most of my life. I think Florida has changes in topography, it certainly has changes in environments. For instance Gainesville where I went to college is nothing like Ft. Myers where I grew up. The Panhandle is nothing like the South Florida. Most of the interior state following along US 27 is pretty hilly to me. I have lived in other areas of the country with more traditional hills but I consider the center of the state to be hilly. Of course it's just my opinion.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:50 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:

If Tampa has the same topography someone please write up a post about Tampa Bay topography, I can't!!! I spend almost all my time in Tampa Bay west of I-75, I can tell you what I know about Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete which is all pretty coastal environment. If there are any hills, or other topography in Tampa Bay I can't tell you about that. I've been to Spring Hill near Tampa which seems similar to Clermont but I don't know if that's considered Lakeland, it's own area, whatever. If it bothers you so much, please just write another post about the topography of Tampa Bay. I really don't see the need to discredit my post as yes I may have stated my opinion, but I did not any way state anything false.
Lakeland is East of Tampa, like halfway between Tampa and Orlando. Springhill is in the northern part of Tampa Bay.

I still think the Orlando area looks nicer though and it's more interesting than Tampa Bay. The only area I like in Tampa Bay is Pinellas county and that is something Orlando obviously cannot match but the rest of Tampa Bay I personally don't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida