U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 12:30 PM

252 posts, read 139,800 times

Advertisements

Ah, ok. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 12:49 PM

437 posts, read 495,715 times
I think it has alot to do with what point you are in your life to find the perfect spot in Florida. As i am still somewhat young at 32 and am not married nor have kids, i've only been living in Tampa for a year and a half but i wouldn't trade it for any other part of Florida let alone probably any part of the country! I am very content with my job, my salary and where i live.

This place has everything i've ever been looking for. Plus to be in a central location just hours away from any other major city in Florida is perfect for weekend trips. Now, when/if i get married, have kids, worry about schooling, living in a nice and safe neighborhood and dealing with traffic comes into play, then MAYBE i might think differently, but until that time comes i'm enjoying it as much as i can while it lasts.

I've been to other parts of Florida, and they just don't seem to compare with the Tampa area in my opinion. Granted, Miami is a fun place to VISIT, but i could never live there because the lifestyle is just too fast paced, expensive and competitive, plus the traffic is 10x worse than here. But someone younger that likes that kind of lifestyle would prefer that over Tampa anyday, so it all goes back to what i said about how it's all about what point you are in your life. I just know i'm not going anywhere anytime soon

Old 05-19-2015, 01:07 PM

4,158 posts, read 7,923,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher23 View Post
I think it has alot to do with what point you are in your life to find the perfect spot in Florida. As i am still somewhat young at 32 and am not married nor have kids, i've only been living in Tampa for a year and a half but i wouldn't trade it for any other part of Florida let alone probably any part of the country! I am very content with my job, my salary and where i live.

This place has everything i've ever been looking for. Plus to be in a central location just hours away from any other major city in Florida is perfect for weekend trips. Now, when/if i get married, have kids, worry about schooling, living in a nice and safe neighborhood and dealing with traffic comes into play, then MAYBE i might think differently, but until that time comes i'm enjoying it as much as i can while it lasts.

I've been to other parts of Florida, and they just don't seem to compare with the Tampa area in my opinion. Granted, Miami is a fun place to VISIT, but i could never live there because the lifestyle is just too fast paced, expensive and competitive, plus the traffic is 10x worse than here. But someone younger that likes that kind of lifestyle would prefer that over Tampa anyday, so it all goes back to what i said about how it's all about what point you are in your life. I just know i'm not going anywhere anytime soon
Well said. Absolutely agree!!!

Old 05-19-2015, 04:11 PM

2,719 posts, read 4,409,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
How important do you think this is? I think that Florida is such a big state and the living experiences can definitely change depending upon where in the state you live. For reference, I'm a Florida native and grew up in Tampa.

I grew up not_liking_Florida, and couldn't wait to get out. I've lived in another state and another country, and now after being away from FL for a few years I'm back to try to live here permanently. I definitely have a different outlook/appreciation for Florida now, and since I got back a few months ago I've been really exploring areas I hadn't seen before and taking road trips and such. And thus far, I have really adjusted to the humidity differently.

So I'm beginning to really like Florida but I still don't love it as a whole. In a few months, I'm moving to Orlando, because it's the best for me in Florida, but it's also a place I'd move to even if it wasn't in Florida.

Do you swear by your area? I know lots on here often talk about how they could never live in South FL. What if the whole state was like that? What do you love about your area of FL and how important do you think it is to find your spot in Florida? I know for a fact that I could never be happy in Tampa, or live there longer than a few months, so Orlando works for me. There are 1-2 other areas in the state I would enjoy living in, but they are few and far in between. I would definitely move back out of the state before moving to a city in Florida I didn't like, but I'm glad I did find a place in FL that suits me.

What about you?
and now you are what? PDF, hmm....

Old 05-19-2015, 04:35 PM

2,983 posts, read 3,799,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post

Nope. I'm the one and only.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:11 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,283,599 times
LOL, she aint leaving Wake Co, NC. She knows what she's got.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
LOL, she aint leaving Wake Co, NC. She knows what she's got.
He.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:43 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,283,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
He.
]]

oh my bad!

Old 05-19-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
]]

oh my bad!
No problem.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:24 AM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,386 posts, read 10,542,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post

Hahaha. Now I'm Really_liking_FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or