Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 11:37 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliedfox View Post
I'm not replyong to any crime stat info. I will never understand people. I specifically said I don't want any counter arguments and people still want to argue it haha. Idc if I have a, "****ty attitude". When someone or myself asks for a specific thing and everyone ignores it I have every right to be annoyed. Especially since I said it in my first post. I even gave a website with numbers id like to follow and even that was ignored. People came here to argue and I'm not in the mood nor care to fight.

Anywho. My husband is most likely going to try to transfer. He's a manager of Walmart, yes. He loses a dollar so its not that much different than a syarted job here in jersey. Mknimum wage is actually pretty close to that of florida depending ob where you work up here. However, he will be looking into other jobs and careers in whichever area we choose. Even though we have a good savings amount to last us a year, we want him secured into a joB, first. That was the first mistake we made the first time we moved to Florida and he lost his job. It was tough. I on the other hand can't transfer. Animal control laws differ state to state so I have to re certified in the state I moved to by going to school for two months. That's why we have our savings and he has to have a job first ^-^ and from what I've seen, salary for animal control here is 35k and it says 32k in Florida so not that big of a cut either. But we will see appreciate the job advice! It was a big issue last time D:
I think it's you who doesn't understand. This is a public forum and you don't get to dictate the terms of its use. Even if you're not interested in the information that is posted there may be others who are and they have every right to see it.

When you ask for assistance, be decent enough to accept what's offered. It's not all about you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 05:59 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Come on, man, read her OP, she said she's not interested in a top school - mediocrity is all she's looking for.
That certainly would explain a lot.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:11 AM

175 posts, read 180,559 times
It is up to me. Its my post and to avoid problems like this all i get is the problem i tried to avoid. People make no sense. I asked about areas hours away and i get sanford, longwood and lake mary. A twenty to thirty minute drive. I asked for specific numbers to be reached on that homefacts website and i get numbers two times as high as my limit.

I dont get why its so hard for people to ignore something they dont agree with, respect it no matter how wrong or right my opinion is and respond with what is asked for. I was very specific and all specifications were ignored. Something so simple made difficult. But i should always expect less from people, not more. Smh

NOW CAN ANYONE ACTUALLY ANSWER MY ORIGINAL QUESTION? You know, without the damn criticism on what i want and with actual intellilect on these areas and some places away from orlando about 1 to 3 hours like i originally posted??

THANKS AGAIN IN ADVANCED.

Last edited by Jelliedfox; 05-20-2015 at 06:30 AM..

Old 05-20-2015, 08:10 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Maybe you should just contact a realtor company or something.

I don't think I'm alone here in saying I have no clue what exactly it is that you want/or expect...

Old 05-20-2015, 01:04 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,104 times
Port St Lucie is an overall nice place to live, plenty of parks, rivers to keep you busy on the water . It's also close to the beaches of Jensen and Stuart . There's plenty to do here and is constantly ranked as one of Florida's safest cities. There really aren't any "bad" parts of Port st Lucie but throughout various neighborhoods you see the occasional run down house or two . there's a walmart in the south east park of town just north of the martin county line on US1 , there's on in St Lucie West on West Port Saint Lucie Blvd and another one over on Gatlin. Some people would say the East side of PSL is the higher of the three as far as crime areas go but I'm not sure the PSL Police department would agree . What areas of PSL were you looking at and where was the 3 bed townhouse you found ?

Old 05-20-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliedfox View Post
Hi! I am planning on moving to Florida sometime the end of this year. We are saving a big time and would like to know some nice places outside of orlando to look at? We are willing to move as far as but no further than 1-3 hours away due to family being in Orlando.

So far, I like:

Rockledge
Punta Gorda
Naples
North Port
And Port Saint Lucie
Oviedo

These ive been to and are a no:

Altamonte springs
Maitland
Ocoe
dr. philips
windermere
Clermont (I didnt like the apartments but clermont is so nice lol)
Lake Mary
Winter Park
Longwood

The only reason those places are a no is because they are either way too expensive, too close to orlando and family, and because ive been there and there were still high crime reports. :/

So far, top 3 are:

Port Saint Lucie
Naples
Rockledge

What we are looking for is this: Low crime and an activity friendly area. We have a 10 month old son, and good schools are semi-important. I want him to have a good education, but I also dont want him cramming for hours with buckets of homework like some top notch schools have. So in the middle is fine by me. Especially since NJ schools suck. -__-

Activities we like are fishing, hiking, theme parks, etc. The beach is nice, but not necessity.

As for jobs. My fiance works at Walmart and I work for Animal Control. So, as long as there is jobs, we are fine with any area. (I have to go back to school so we will be using savings for rent for the the first 3 to 4 months)

Now, a little backstory on why CRIME IS THE MOST IMPORTANT:
I moved to Florida once before. We werent ready and moved back to Jersey, but now we are officially ready. When we moved, Altamonte Springs was on the list of okay crime. We were wrong. Crime ratings were B+ and to me, it was an F! We were in FL for 6 months and these things happened: A drive by shooting in front of the best buy, two stores getting robbed, a friend of mine on the I-4 side house got robbed, someone got stabbed and there was a huge traffic chase. Thats all a no-no. I understand that , "crime happens everywhere" but where I live- the worst thing youve heard of was some idiot stealing from a Walmart. Everything else like the above was miles away. So yeah, I want something like that. No major crime. So please, refrain from posting, "everywhere is crime" or you havent heard anything, etc. If allowed, I'd like to post one link to a crime reporting website that I like, its: HomeFacts.com Enter the area you're erecommended me in there and click, "crime stats". If anything is above 50 in the total and violent crime index, its a no from me. And if property crime is above 60 it is also a no. Im sorry, I am VERY PICKY! D:

Last thing, we are looking into townhomes or apartments. Some of the nicer places that I liked didnt have any apartments, xD

Thanks in advanced,
Bethanie
I did your home facts search for my zipcode in PSL( 34952) and it fit your criteria . units would be the area near the Walmart on US 1

Old 05-20-2015, 01:12 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Any place ... Comes to mind.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:13 PM

I'm sure you have already checked this site but if not look around the parks dept and recreation . Also if you end up in theSouthern East part of PSL yiu are a stones throw from Jensen Beach and Stuart as well . I would also look in the sandpiper area of PSL
Port St. Lucie, Florida | Events calendar | City news | City Departments | Official Website

Old 05-20-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Maybe you should just contact a realtor company or something.

I don't think I'm alone here in saying I have no clue what exactly it is that you want/or expect...
I just want a homey town / small city with more outdoor activities and i wont be afraid of walking down the street. Thats it, lol.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newred5 View Post
I'm sure you have already checked this site but if not look around the parks dept and recreation . Also if you end up in theSouthern East part of PSL yiu are a stones throw from Jensen Beach and Stuart as well . I would also look in the sandpiper area of PSL
Port St. Lucie, Florida | Events calendar | City news | City Departments | Official Website
I read both of your posts and i really appreciate them ! From what youre saying, it sounds like it looks. Ive seen some videos of drive throughs of the streets and it seems very nice. And clean. The townhomes i were looking at were these, on the west side(so it says)

The Enclave at St. Lucie West - The Enclave at St. Lucie West

They have nice reviews all around and enough space.

Would a drive from east to west etc be a long one? Im so sure about the size of lucie but usually my drive or husbands to work is about 10-30 min. Depending on traffic.
Also, just curious, how often do you see a gator in the road? I remember when I was in florida last year there was an aligator in front of the walmart in apopka xD it was the funniest thing.

Thank you again for the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida