U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-21-2008, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,307 times

Advertisements

I live in Maine and I am looking to move to Florida (with my husband and two kids.) maybe Spring hill or surounding area's. I have read alot of ppl opinions but they are old from like a couple years ago. I have some family that lives down there and they love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 07:29 AM

5 posts, read 11,695 times
Default sp.hill

well the houses are unreal prices .. besides NOW ! i paid 116,000 for a small house that i had to add on and still do. now house are really cheap well kinda. its nice the people are nice and ur by everything gulf,tampa,n port richey, bush gardens 2 hours from sea world ,disney. there is not many jobs but u can go to tampa. i do like like it here . we just got star bucks,pennys and some more things. when i moved here my neighbors bought me cookies and things over to welcome me here . [INDENT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaxoxo View Post
I live in Maine and I am looking to move to Florida (with my husband and two kids.) maybe Spring hill or surounding area's. I have read alot of ppl opinions but they are old from like a couple years ago. I have some family that lives down there and they love it.
[/INDENT]

Old 03-09-2008, 04:39 PM

2 posts, read 6,362 times
Hello!
New to forum and looking to relocate to Spring Hill with my wife and two daughters (7&11).Can someone give me specifics of Catholic School Education,as well as Public School ratings.Just looking for a safe family oriented area,larger home with extras (4-6 bedrooms),not too far from schools.Not necessarily exclusive.
I have also read home prices will continue to drop another 10-15%,We're coming down the middle of March to check out the area ,several people have recommended Spring Hill.Please reply soon...

Old 03-09-2008, 06:51 PM

8,489 posts, read 11,189,242 times
You have Notre Dame Catholic School about 20 minutes south on US19, there are some others but I am not sure of the names. My children are in the public schools and I have been very happy. There are a few different ratings sites but the one of them rates it a 7 of 10 and another "A". Some of the schools around are not as good so you need to know where you will be zoned.
As far as home prices, I don't see them coming down another 10-15% but there is no way to tell for sure. There are 4 bedroom homes, 2100 living area on 1/2 acre with pools built within the last 5 years listed for as low as $199,000. You can make an offer and get it for even less.
The shopping has built up here so you don't have to travel to New Port Richey or Tampa for the malls.
If you like nature you have that here also. Tubing on the Weeki Wachee River, hiking in the preserve and more.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:48 AM

2 posts, read 6,362 times
Hello All!
The family and I got back from Spring Hill Fl. on Saturday and it is a buyers market.We toured numerous homes and saw some really beautiful property. Can someone explain the issues with home owner's insurance? We have heard various explanations.Why are only two or three companies writing policies in Florida?

Old 03-24-2008, 08:54 AM

Over the last 10 years or so there have been many sinkhole claims and pushed the cost of insurance way up.
In Hernando you can get your insurance with catastropic sinkhole coverage and add comprehensive cover as an extra.
I just renewed and have $340K in coverage for under $700.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:40 PM

1,080 posts, read 3,061,447 times
Default Citizens

I'm with Citizens insured for $225K with sinkhole coverage $1,691.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:18 PM

Also keep in mind that generally the newer the home the less expensive the insurance will be.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:04 AM

713 posts, read 1,886,171 times
Did you settle on a house, celeb? Wonder if you looked at ours. lol It's an '06 w/3 car gar. and a shame we had to leave just months after we got there. His transfer and it was a bit close to his 'rents (folks like to just drop in unexpected). No, no, no. I like and need my private, down time.

What did you think of Spring Hill or do you know the area real well? Don't forget to look into the welcome new neighbor, get together they hold each month. It's at the Weeki Wachi center (the center with the mermaid logo). Some neat waterview restaurants down that road that runs along the creek/stream. Anyway, look around. You'll have fun.

Best wishes picking your new home.

Last edited by House4Sale; 03-25-2008 at 01:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida