Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 12:19 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,806,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
That in itself does not make it good.
No but it is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 01:04 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,332,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
It could happen, but nowhere near to the degree of FL. NC wont look or feel like FL in my lifetime.

I agree with your 2nd comment.
Yeah there are already tons of Northerners in NC, but the State does a better job at retaining its culture. I mean, it's not like Florida had any to begin with.

Old 07-19-2015, 02:00 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,015,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Yeah there are already tons of Northerners in NC, but the State does a better job at retaining its culture. I mean, it's not like Florida had any to begin with.
Culture? You mean like agriculture, bacon and Krispy Kreme doughnuts?

Old 07-19-2015, 02:11 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,826,737 times
Quote:

Sounds like good culture to me! I'll take it!

Old 07-19-2015, 02:13 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,015,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
sounds like good culture to me! I'll take it!
Sold!

Old 07-19-2015, 04:02 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,385,848 times
Cici's pizza is great--it tastes just like NYC pizza.

Old 07-19-2015, 04:17 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,385,848 times
It's easy.

You want NY style pizza -- Cici's.

Jewish food? Toojay's

Philly Cheese Steak: Steak n Shake

NY style chinese food: Panda Express

Old 07-19-2015, 05:11 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,921,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retired11 View Post
It is Pizza night, so we drive to our local Italian Pizza Parlor and order one large pie to go. The price is more or less three dollars cheaper than a NY pie. Odd, there is no Italian music playing in the background, nor is anyone spinning the dough around in the air. One guy should be spinning dough while another guy should be spreading the sauce using the back of the ladle while a third should be checking the pies in the oven and cursing at the other two guys.

No one is pushing or shoving, no one is yelling out the names of the customers, no employees search for a pie on top of the ovens. We get our pie without any drama at all, set the table, open the box and are aghast! The cheese seems to float across a sea of tomato sauce. If you move the box to the right the cheese moves right, move the box left and the cheese moves left. We try it and I do my best to say how good it tastes. The kids taste it, drop it, make faces and leave the table. Even grandma is staring at me in disbelief.

Not to be deprived of an "atta boy" for moving my family to Florida. I try to have another pizza night at another pizza parlor. Again, no spinning dough, no foul language, just one kid at the register and one kid making a pizza and me, the one customer. Oddly, this cheese doesn't float, it is crusty all around, but, the bottom is like wet cardboard. Same reaction from kids and grandma stares in disbelief.

I have tried and tried again. Up and down and across the state. I will not give up the search. It isn't that Floridians are dumb, it isn't that I can blame it on the water, it isn't that they failed pizza school. The answer is simple. No one in the pizza parlors has ever tasted a real NY pizza. It is the epitome of the saying "half ass". If you know a tire is made of rubber it does not mean you can make one in your backyard.
It's hard to keep a story straight when you are making it up. Let me guess... You don't even live in Florida.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:30 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,593,640 times
Quote:
Not surprising that the this would pop into your head when you think of NC. You did choose Spring Hill out of anyplace you could have moved(your words), after all.

Bacon?

Last edited by Not_liking_FL; 07-19-2015 at 06:42 PM..

Old 07-19-2015, 06:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,152,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retired11 View Post
"You know, it could be worse. You get a lot more for your money in Bolivia, I checked on it." Paul Newman

"What could they have here that you could possibly want to buy?" Robert Redford

Sunny Florida, the dream of reinvention, a new life. The palm trees rustle at night as a slight breeze blows through the parking lot. For some odd reason Floridians step directly into traffic in parking lots and expect me to stop my 4500 pound vehicle on a dime. In New York they would be squished on the pavement, but this is Florida. Just an odd habit Floridians have. I don't understand it, but I drive super super slow in parking lots here. I park way in the back too and never drive in front of the stores.

It is Pizza night, so we drive to our local Italian Pizza Parlor and order one large pie to go. The price is more or less three dollars cheaper than a NY pie. Odd, there is no Italian music playing in the background, nor is anyone spinning the dough around in the air. One guy should be spinning dough while another guy should be spreading the sauce using the back of the ladle while a third should be checking the pies in the oven and cursing at the other two guys.

No one is pushing or shoving, no one is yelling out the names of the customers, no employees search for a pie on top of the ovens. We get our pie without any drama at all, set the table, open the box and are aghast! The cheese seems to float across a sea of tomato sauce. If you move the box to the right the cheese moves right, move the box left and the cheese moves left. We try it and I do my best to say how good it tastes. The kids taste it, drop it, make faces and leave the table. Even grandma is staring at me in disbelief.

Not to be deprived of an "atta boy" for moving my family to Florida. I try to have another pizza night at another pizza parlor. Again, no spinning dough, no foul language, just one kid at the register and one kid making a pizza and me, the one customer. Oddly, this cheese doesn't float, it is crusty all around, but, the bottom is like wet cardboard. Same reaction from kids and grandma stares in disbelief.

I have tried and tried again. Up and down and across the state. I will not give up the search. It isn't that Floridians are dumb, it isn't that I can blame it on the water, it isn't that they failed pizza school. The answer is simple. No one in the pizza parlors has ever tasted a real NY pizza. It is the epitome of the saying "half ass". If you know a tire is made of rubber it does not mean you can make one in your backyard.
I don't understand why NY pizza makers never move to Florida. And while we're discussing--have you had any of the fairly bland stuff that pass for Chinese food here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida