Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 08:24 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,019,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
Well now that we have the Pizza question answered.....does anyone know where you can get good Chinese Food?????

As far as the Pizza, there are two places here in Jupiter that are close to the NY Pizza taste. Unfortunately, they are both hit and miss depending upon who is making the dough that day.
Do you mean Catonese food made by people who speak Chinese (vs Vietnamese, the Hong Kong version of Chinese, Laotian, Taiwanese)? A place where they do not put carrots in fried rice but where you are sure to find bits of scrambled egg? I know of 2. One is in Port Richey on 19 and the other in Spring Hill, also on 19.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 08:24 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,093,800 times
As OP complains about how expensive things are in FL compared to NY I would not be surprised if he went to the cheapest place that had 2 for 1 coupons. Regardless of flavor it's a poor place that serves a pie with damp crust and cheap cheese.

Given that any group of NY'ers will disagree on which pizza parlor is best - in NY - I am not surprised that FL pizza doesn't stack up. The worst pizza I've ever had though wasn't in FL, but in NY.

From my perspective I have found a couple of places in SWFL that serve decent pies, as well as a decent bagel shop. However I don't live in NY anymore so there are many, many other things to try instead of moaning about lousy pizza.

@retired11, it's clear you are struggling to adjust. As someone who has lived in many places, my advice is to either fill your glass half full or move back to NY where you can stuff your pizza pie hole all day and do so cheaply.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:26 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,093,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Do you mean Catonese food made by people who speak Chinese (vs Vietnamese, the Hong Kong version of Chinese, Laotian, Taiwanese)? A place where they do not put carrots in fried rice but where you are sure to find bits of scrambled egg? I know of 2. One is in Port Richey on 19 and the other in Spring Hill, also on 19.
In HK they speak Cantonese. In Taiwan and mainland China they speak Mandarin.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:30 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,317,329 times
It's probably like moving to Seattle and being disappointed with their Cajun food offerings. Wrong place, not gonna happen. Try the seafood?

But I'm a vegetarian, so don't feel comfortable recommending that. Maybe oysters aren't sentient? Think of them as politicians or tenured professors. You don't really need your brain for either job, and its probably an occupational hindrance anyway.

Well how's this.... Popeyes beans and rice! Now that's some tasty stuff. We even ate it when we were down in New Orleans because I couldn't find any of my old favorite places for that dish anymore. Gumbo and po boys, yes. Beans and rice, no. Be prepared for surly service and small portions for too much money. You'll feel like you're back home!

Last edited by smarino; 06-28-2015 at 08:43 AM..

Old 06-28-2015, 08:50 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,594,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
I'm going to move to NYC and complain day in and day out about how bad the BBQ is.
They'd probably be able to relate to you since neither state is known for bbq.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:30 AM

17,455 posts, read 38,855,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
As OP complains about how expensive things are in FL compared to NY I would not be surprised if he went to the cheapest place that had 2 for 1 coupons. Regardless of flavor it's a poor place that serves a pie with damp crust and cheap cheese.

Given that any group of NY'ers will disagree on which pizza parlor is best - in NY - I am not surprised that FL pizza doesn't stack up. The worst pizza I've ever had though wasn't in FL, but in NY.

From my perspective I have found a couple of places in SWFL that serve decent pies, as well as a decent bagel shop. However I don't live in NY anymore so there are many, many other things to try instead of moaning about lousy pizza.

@retired11, it's clear you are struggling to adjust. As someone who has lived in many places, my advice is to either fill your glass half full or move back to NY where you can stuff your pizza pie hole all day and do so cheaply.
Great minds think alike, I m thinking the same....^^^^ LOL

Old 06-28-2015, 10:07 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,335,912 times
Quote:
Have you tried Eddie & Sams in Tampa? Bavaro's in Tampa? Pizza Villa in Spring Hill? Bizzarro
in Melbourne?

When cheese acts the way you describe it is commercial "pizza cheese". Its made with a variety of crap. The key is before you order is to ask 1. Commercial cheese or mozzarella. 2. Sauce out of a can or store made. 3. Frozen dough or fresh made.

It certainly does not take 3 people to make a pizza unless they are turning out pies at a huge rate.

It's also a good idea to learn if the owner is from NYC.
All great pizza options! I guess the OP hasn't looked hard enough.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,002,522 times
Quote:
I'll second the great pizza at Pizza Villa in Spring Hill
Also like to try your recommended Chinese place on 19 in SpringHill.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:26 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,829,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
They'd probably be able to relate to you since neither state is known for bbq.

Well, then I'd think of something else to complain about while there lol.

These NY vs FL topics get so old on here when we all hear it on our daily lives too.

It gets so old, no wonder so many natives flee to NC.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:07 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,019,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Well, then I'd think of something else to complain about while there lol.

These NY vs FL topics get so old on here when we all hear it on our daily lives too.

It gets so old, no wonder so many natives flee to NC.
Plenty of NY'kers there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida