Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 04:36 PM

4 posts, read 24,592 times

Advertisements

I live in South Florida (Broward County) and I think the reason why we're so hateful/negative is because of the crime (which really puts me on edge) and the crazy drivers (I'm one of them!)

Old 11-15-2006, 09:37 PM

185 posts, read 685,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
We are going to be selling our home right after Christmas and relocate back to the midwest. Has anyone ever used Home Gain? We put our name out there as we would like an aggressive realtor.
I sold my house in August as the market cooled. I intentionally employed the top real estate agent in my neighborhood.

As others didn't even have showings, mine averaged 2 a week for about 4 months and finally got the right match.

My agent is also on the city council in the town. In a down market, finding the agent that's wired for you neighborhood might make the difference.

It's a competitive business and there's probably one that "owns" your neighborhood like mine does.

Good Luck

Old 11-16-2006, 08:24 AM

627 posts, read 2,841,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
We are going to be selling our home right after Christmas and relocate back to the midwest. Has anyone ever used Home Gain? We put our name out there as we would like an aggressive realtor.
Put a FSBO sign in your yard and see how many agents contact you! LOL Interview, Interview, Interview!!! Places like Homegain and HouseValues CHARGE Realtors (they "SELL" your name and info to realtors). Go to CraigList and place an add for RE Agents to contact you (remember to leave your location, not a specific address, just location) for an interview and CMA (Comparative Market Analysis).

You should get a few savvy agents to contact you that way.

Just a though!

Old 11-16-2006, 08:25 AM

942 posts, read 2,576,880 times
Default my mls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Can you advertize it in more sources? Try putting it on many websites and in the local newspaper too. Is that 1790 living a/c square feet? Thats not a bad price for the size, I did a search and it appears the average price is like $240 a living square foot! Can you PM me the MLS number so I can check it out(just curious what it looks like)

Hi my mls #D1140289
If you send me your email I can send you pictures.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:35 PM

106 posts, read 572,046 times
Default Relocation

I currently live in a town just outside Ann Arbor Michigan.

Michigan is a miserable place to live.
The economy is at rock bottom, job prospects stink, and the weather is always gray and gloomy. (Think Russia)

I have interviewed for state jobs in Florida.

What region of Florida is best North or Central?

GO BLUE!!!

Old 11-16-2006, 07:00 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,325,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike jones View Post
I currently live in a town just outside Ann Arbor Michigan.

Michigan is a miserable place to live.
The economy is at rock bottom, job prospects stink, and the weather is always gray and gloomy. (Think Russia)

I have interviewed for state jobs in Florida.

What region of Florida is best North or Central?

GO BLUE!!!
I think you'd like either. I live in central Florida and we enjoy the fact that it's the same distance to either coast and less than an hour to all the parks in Orlando. It's not as expensive to live here as it is in south Florida. I'm sure northern Florida is cheaper too. Probably best to pick out a few locations and visit them first, then make a decision.
I understand about the gloomy skies--Ohio here. You'll love the sunshine!

GO BUCKEYES!!

Old 03-19-2007, 02:17 AM

288 posts, read 720,449 times
Default florida and being unhappy

I don't really understand why so many people complain about Florida. My parents wanted to move down from upstate NY for at least five years, and last year they finally made the move to the Tampa area. My parents and siblings have no problems finding decent paying jobs relative to the area, and the only bad thing I hear about is the nasty commute and a few crazies here and there in the neighborhood LOL. If you talk to my father, he'd swear that you can't get any better than Florida regarding a place to live. I'm hoping to make the move relatively soon myself, assuming the job situation pans out in the next week or so.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:06 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,938,341 times
What's it going to take for employers to raise the salaries here to an acceptable level???

This is just a question, and I'm looking for insight.

I have lived in Northern New Jersey and in Connecticut, so I'm used to high taxes and housing costs. Sure, I'll pay $ 400,000 for a decent house as long as our family income supports it...

But, the salaries in Florida are awful!

Why???

The cost of housing has almost TRIPLED in the past 10 years yet salaries have remained the same and there are less jobs to be had.

I have lived in Florida on and off for many years, and I love it here. But this situation is getting ridiculous. No wonder people are seem so rude and antisocial. They are desperate and tired of swimming upstream just to keep their heads above water.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:25 AM

11,365 posts, read 24,322,312 times
This is my guess: Florida's incomes were never intended to support the cost of living at the level it has reached.

Money coming from outside the state supports the people who live in the most expensive homes. When you have the wealthiest people in the whole country funneling down to one small area, the state of Florida, bringing the money they earned elsewhere, you can't expect local incomes to compete.

That's why so many locals are dismayed. Their money is coming from local jobs, not a lifetime of savings and equity from more expensive states.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:50 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,651,377 times
And that's why I am hoping for a monster hurricane. Something to shake up and scare away the people with more money than common sense. I am thinking, though, that the chickens will come home to roost and this ridiculous real estate bubble will implode, taking the fools with it. Want to know why we are angry? Think how you would feel if you were uncertain if you could survive the future on your stagnant or falling income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida