U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 03:53 PM

115 posts, read 743,113 times
Default What Are The Best Florida Beach Towns?

What are the best Florida beach towns to live in year-round? (Please take the crime rate into consideration when answering!)

Gracias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 03:54 PM

1,465 posts, read 16,607 times
Guess it depends on your income.. I like Naples, I prefer the beaches on the west coast over the East coast anyday.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:06 PM

1,782 posts, read 4,570,464 times
Treasure Island, Madeira beach, St Pete beach, Panama City beach there are quite a few but they are all different depends on what your looking for, You might want to do a bit of exploring.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:14 PM

10,592 posts, read 21,370,461 times
I have to agree that I prefer the West coast of Florida, specifically Naples and Fort Myers. I have heard good things about Bradenton and Sarasota but have no personal knowledge of them.

I live half way in between Daytona and Orlando and I find Daytona trashy, certainly NOT my kind of place at all. The goings on in Daytona whether it be bike week or race week have a huge impact on the surrounding area, the traffic on I'4 is unreal.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:21 PM

44 posts, read 193,284 times
I live in Bradenton FL, we have beautiful beaches here, Bradenton Beach and Anna Marie Island. Sarasota has Siesta Key which is gorgeous!

That being said, I have noticed the closer you live to the beaches here the older the communities are. We moved to West Bradenton ( 2 miles from the beach) and we live in a retirement community. We are moving a little further east since we are a young couple in our 30's with a child who would benefit greatly if we moved. Also if you choose Bradenton as your home, check the area out throughly. Some parts on the East side of town are saturated with drug activity and gangs.

If you are younger I would suggest Lakewood Ranch in Bradenton. I can't speak for Sarasota, we have only been there a few times and from what I understand it's an older community and very touristy (sp). When we decided to move here we thought we don't care where we live, it's by the most beautiful beaches in the USA, but I quickly learned the congestion and traffic are to much to bear.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:11 PM

6,674 posts, read 11,743,992 times
I agree with Peaches, Anna Maria Island and Bradenton Beach are great little beach towns! I grew up on Longboat Key right next to Anna Maria and Bradenton Beach and my parents started the local paper out on Anna Maria called the Islander (way back in the 60's). It's definitely a great area to live in!

Old 01-24-2008, 06:02 PM

5,701 posts, read 16,673,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phriend View Post
What are the best Florida beach towns to live in year-round? (Please take the crime rate into consideration when answering!)

Gracias.
Northwest Florida offers the best beaches and low crime...Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Panama City, Mexico Beach, Navarre Beach, Pensacola Beach, just to mention a few.

http://www.visitflorida.com/images/m...p_section1.pdf

Florida Beaches - Northwest Florida

Old 01-24-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Northwest Florida offers the best beaches and low crime...Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Panama City, Mexico Beach, Navarre Beach, Pensacola Beach, just to mention a few.

http://www.visitflorida.com/images/m...p_section1.pdf

Florida Beaches - Northwest Florida

Of course you would say that, you live there.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:08 PM

5,701 posts, read 16,673,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
Of course you would say that, you live there.
We do and we call it Paradise....

Old 01-24-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
We do and we call it Paradise....

I have never been to the panhandle areas yet you have any photos you could share? I have a friend that lives in panama city and she tells me it`s really nice up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida