Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 08:40 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times

Advertisements

Step down, Ashton.

Jeff Ashton's Ashley Madison Account: Casey Anothony Prosecutor And Florida State Attorney Admits Using Website, Refuses To Step Down

It should be dawning on people by now that the powers that be, whether in government or business, demand that citizens and employees "be good" while they do what they want. And that is the ONLY reason "the system" works and they get to keep their high positions and their money. Opt out.

I'm sure many will see this as a "small thing". Well, small things matter, especially when one is involved in the administration of "justice".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 09:07 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Why would he step down for doing something that is not illegal?

This website hack should be left to the people involved: the married couple.

The only time its relevant is where you have moralizers and religious leaders using it while claiming to be authority on marriage, sexual chastity and fidelity. (Looking at you, Josh Duggar).

Old 08-25-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Why would he step down for doing something that is not illegal?

This website hack should be left to the people involved: the married couple.

The only time its relevant is where you have moralizers and religious leaders using it while claiming to be authority on marriage, sexual chastity and fidelity. (Looking at you, Josh Duggar).
He was surfin' it on the public's dime. Distractions like that make it difficult to prosecute cases like the Casey Anthony cluster. I'm not allowed to surf the net on my employer's dime. He shouldn't be, either.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:52 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,936 times
So it goes from Adultery to him wasting tax payer money because he surfed the net while at work?

That is called moving the goal posts. Regardless of which he likely works many more hours than you do, on a salary to boot so I'm not that concerned with him surfing the net while at work.

Look I don't care if he was having and affair. That was between him and him wife. He wasn't in public lambasting gays or others for their morals so I certainly won't do that to him. I think he is a piece of crap for cheating on his spouse, regardless of his reasons, but that is a result of my distaste of what he did for myself to judge for my own actions, not because he actually did it. The people using that site were scum in my eyes and acted out of weakness. Their affairs have been exposed and now they have to deal with it. I see no reason to drag it public unless they made themselves out to be a hypocrite in public. Duggars come to mind.

Some how I doubt his over zealousness in the Anthony case going for murder when no intent could be proven had nothing to do with his affair and more to do with public / private pressure. Rail on him for that, not because he slipped his pecker in some other broad.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:13 PM

He should step down. Period.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:23 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,936 times
Why? Because he had an affair that had nothing to do with his job?

Please.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:26 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times
Let me guess the guy is a loud mouth church goer who tells me everything I am going to hell for when he is having an affair on his wife, I love the Christian religious right people they always make me laugh.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:35 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Step down, Ashton.

Jeff Ashton's Ashley Madison Account: Casey Anothony Prosecutor And Florida State Attorney Admits Using Website, Refuses To Step Down

It should be dawning on people by now that the powers that be, whether in government or business, demand that citizens and employees "be good" while they do what they want. And that is the ONLY reason "the system" works and they get to keep their high positions and their money. Opt out.

I'm sure many will see this as a "small thing". Well, small things matter, especially when one is involved in the administration of "justice".
its none of your business

Old 08-25-2015, 02:45 PM

He should step down.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:52 PM

6 posts, read 6,099 times
How does one actually access and search the leaked files? I'm not having any luck finding it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida