U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2015, 04:33 PM

13 posts, read 10,726 times

Advertisements

I'm 30 yr old female, not currently employed, will be looking for work, vegan, enjoys privacy relaxing taking walks thrift shopping, I spend my time alone and with my pets, moved to FL from MN a second time this year

In Clearwater it seems fine but I feel I have to move from at least the exact property i am living in it also has a small town feel and personal awakening impressions. I'd be happy to move somewhere less familiar feeling more peaceful near beach is alright mostly concerned with less traffic and moderate temperature. Not touristy and not too corporate. Mature adults as is quieter and nice personal not nosey or creepy..

I can not actually tolerate cold temperatures due to an undiagnosed health issue..besides I am ok being away from MN, though some definite balance is rather imperative. I've never been to the East Coast FL. Ideas are helpful. I lived in Sarasota a few years ago it seemed nice.

I am a "loner" type, female, Not interested in personal relationships unless someone honest as I described above.. I don't like to chat and I don't enjoy drama or creepy types or has their own personal prerogatives and or issues, agenda and what not.. Apparently guys don't get really interested in me Or too much.. And I avoid female interaction as well. I've read there's a bit of illegal drug activity in Sarasota and really that wouldn't bother me cuz some of the guys are too high to bother you with chat all day?? I want a serious relationship to My standards IF any, and I'm not going to waste my time trying to have one. It's better to Avoid them then get involved directly I've not had good experiences most the time emotionally with others.?it's quite frustrating. No more.

Lowest temp acceptable is 70deg F.

Please advise.

Last edited by DTJ12; 09-09-2015 at 04:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 10:19 AM

I suppose the lowest average can be somewhat lower, that was a guess..65, maybe at least at the time being

Old 09-10-2015, 10:36 AM

4,782 posts, read 5,321,028 times
Scratch South Florida off your list.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:15 PM

422 posts, read 301,272 times
does this even exist? the crazies come from all walks of live especially these days and especially from FL

Old 09-10-2015, 02:10 PM

Maybe it's neighborhood and location I'm living on a street loud, I have no intention to further invest here...it has to be reasonable the only reason I bought this place is because it was acceptable financially, yet I knew little to nothing about the area. Nice attitude just too loud for me I'd rather blend in. Apparently here I don't blend in, completely.. I don't need a lot of space but again it has to be appropriate and comfortable, for Me. Thanks for advise. I know there are different areas but I can for sure tell you I don't blend in with a blend in with a crowd. So I am looking for privacy, quiet..I'm from Minnesota I don't see much if a difference besides the weather and some scenery.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:48 PM

4,978 posts, read 7,271,609 times
I'm actualy having trouble understanding your sentences. Some are barely coherent?

If you want consistently warm weather and somewhere quiet and non-corporate, you're going to have to move south....Maybe to the keys.... like some random key mid way down. They will be expensive, however you won't be inundated by corporate America... tourists tend to hit Key West.... you'll have consistently warm weather. You can just kind of exist down there (assuming you have some type of income)

Old 09-10-2015, 06:35 PM

15,115 posts, read 31,011,075 times
I'm sorry, your post is really incoherent. I have no idea what you are saying or asking.....

Old 09-11-2015, 11:39 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,132,883 times
The Keys would be a terrible fit. People on all Keys are extremely friendly, talkative, nosey, and quite a few probably fit your description of "creepy." They are all also loaded with tourists year-round. Socially it would be a nightmare for you. Plus they are one of the most expensive areas of the country and a terrible place for someone to move with no job - you'd be homeless within a short time, as are many people who come without a good job secured and without substantial savings to live off of. The Keys have a legitimate affordable housing crisis right now, it is a serious problem. A rural area might be better, maybe more central FL.

I don't think FL is a good fit for you though. Many places, especially in SFL, have mold, which is terrible for exacerbating (or causing) chronic health conditions. No place in FL can guarantee the weather you need. The highest temps are in Key West, and Key West has reached 42 degrees. All of mainland FL is subject to at least one freeze every year.

Perhaps living out West would better suit you. You could get a warm place in the desert where it is dry, no mold, affordable living, not as touristy as most of FL is, and few neighbors. TX, NM, AZ, NV...
Or another country? Somewhere in the Caribbean would be warmer. It could even be part of the US, like the Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico...

Old 09-12-2015, 07:35 AM

296 posts, read 231,685 times
You're freaking me out dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida