Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 04:35 PM

162 posts, read 145,949 times

Advertisements

They call this strange new land Flourida......Northerners, who talk right, call it Florida......It is hot and muggy and it rains all summer long. It has snakes, lizards and insane prices at the supermarket. Little did men know when they first landed on these shores looking for the seven cities of gold that they were only myths shrouded in the mists of time. But they searched and searched and found..................................not even a decent bagel!

Did the Marines have Bagels on Iwo Jima.......NO....... Did Custer have them at the Little Bighorn (or Greasy Grass Creek for you history buffs).....NO.......Did Neil Armstrong have them on the moon....NO.......Does Florida have them??????? NO

Somewhere in this Land of Oz otherwise known as Flourida as the Floridians say is the Emerald City. In that place lies a bagel with cream cheese. It must be found. It must exist. But...where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 04:44 PM

19 posts, read 33,429 times
I would suggest you pack up all your stuff and head back to your frozen igloo up north.After u shovel your driveway you can sit inside and eat your bagels.How shallow can people be,they move somewhere and all they can do is ***** about bagels.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:00 PM

19,629 posts, read 20,441,176 times
No complaints about the pizza yet?

Old 09-16-2015, 05:07 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,105,371 times
Another day, another rant.

My local bagel shop, about 2 minutes down the road, is called "Straight from New York Bagels" and produces decent bagels. As good as the best in NY? No, but I'd say at least as good as most of the places I went to on Long Island - enough that when guests come and visit they are fine with them. My guests, however, aren't whiny and realize that when they come visit they're not in New York anymore.

Maybe you should have done your research and found good pizza and bagel places BEFORE you moved here? Time to click your heels twice and head back, Dorothy.

But here's the thing - bagels and pizza aren't high on my list. Lots of other things to eat. Toast. English muffins. If I couldn't get "decent bagels" I would find something else.

Oh, and when I stopped by Publix and paid those "insane" prices that you talk about I actually received great service, something I've NEVER had in NY. Ever.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:22 PM

126 posts, read 141,527 times
Make your own bagels...... it isn't difficult

Old 09-16-2015, 05:26 PM

623 posts, read 958,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retired11 View Post
They call this strange new land Flourida......Northerners, who talk right, call it Florida......It is hot and muggy and it rains all summer long. It has snakes, lizards and insane prices at the supermarket. Little did men know when they first landed on these shores looking for the seven cities of gold that they were only myths shrouded in the mists of time. But they searched and searched and found..................................not even a decent bagel!

Did the Marines have Bagels on Iwo Jima.......NO....... Did Custer have them at the Little Bighorn (or Greasy Grass Creek for you history buffs).....NO.......Did Neil Armstrong have them on the moon....NO.......Does Florida have them??????? NO

Somewhere in this Land of Oz otherwise known as Flourida as the Floridians say is the Emerald City. In that place lies a bagel with cream cheese. It must be found. It must exist. But...where?
Try the frozen food section at Publix

Old 09-16-2015, 05:28 PM

9,297 posts, read 14,198,052 times
I came to Florida (southern) for warm temperatures year round, no state income taxes, and about national-average property taxes.

I got warm temperatures year round, no state income taxes, and about national-average property taxes.

Period.

I didn't come for bagels.

I didn't get bagels.

Careful management of expectations, no complaints.

By the way, I make my own pizza. So did my grandfather (of blessed memory).

Old 09-16-2015, 05:37 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,577,703 times
When in Rome........same goes for Florida. You are a lot like many New Yorkers here in Florida.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:51 PM

162 posts, read 145,949 times
Try any supermarket in NY.....service just as good as Publix......except you have to bag your own groceries. But, we weren't lazy.

Old 09-16-2015, 06:19 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,030,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retired11 View Post

Clearwater Bagels on SR60

Bagels and Beyond - Spring Hill

Bagels Plus - 2706 E Fletcher - Tampa

Just to name 3 of many. You need to get out more and find out what is out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida