Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 09:38 AM

14,947 posts, read 12,143,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Could be. I know the traffic is heavier in the winter, its sometimes difficult to get a table right away at
popular restaurants, but over all no effect on most people. I would think there would be a spike in service calls for home systems that have been shut down for months and may not come up the way they should.

I imagine there are some calls for that, but I've also seen- at least around here, another snowbird destination- that there are companies and individuals that advertise out of season monitoring and maintenance for vacant properties, that's also a niche in an area where so many properties are seasonally occupied. If I were a snowbird I'd definitely use one of those services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 05:12 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Bulk foods can be bought at Sam's Club on Cortez. Fresh food? You can get fresh seafood in Hernando Beach, produce from produce stands. You can pick your own strawberries and blueberries at the farms. You can get live chickens, rabbitts, pigs but then you need to be a butcher.

What do you find so different about the people? They are the same people that came from other states to live here. Maybe the age demographics are a problem?

Those slobs who have no concern for our natural resources certainly can make it miserable for others.
I dont understand why people here have a need to throw trash out of their car windows. I lived in Orlando for 17 years and it was not so prevalent.

Progressive? What would you like to see that is progressive?

Rednecks? You mean native people? You wont find too many in Spring Hill. Most people here are transplants from the North. Spring Hill was developed to be a quiet out of the way retirement center.
There wasn't anything here before the development of Spring Hill and then it took a while for services to appear. There was a time when you had to go to to New Port Richey for a supermarket. Our neighbor city is Brooksville. It has always been a farm town surrounding a normal downtown area. Ranchers, farmers, plant and tree nurseries, very little in the way of tourism or industry, but people kept coming here when they escaped cities. If anything, we have too many people here now.

One good thing about the area is it is surrounded by preserves. Land that will never develop. You will never feel "contained" here. A short drive North of East will put you out in the real Florida. To the west there is the Gulf of Mexico. Great fishing and boating.

Education can be obtained at Pasco-Hernando State college. Right on U.S. 19.

Was there something besides the W.W. Springs that brought you here?

Where r u going?

The people
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeeeeeerrrr View Post
This place is beautiful and fun. But no bulk foods or healthy fresh food. The people are definitely very "different" it seems. I've lived all over fl and this reminds me of a warm west Virginia. I can't wait to leave.. Every second crawls by. I came here to be near the gorgeous springs..but all I see are ppl who don't care, littering and throwing CIG butts, a river full of a-holes who don't give a **** that their power boats don't belong where springs and manatees live. Nothing progressive here. A heartbreaking state to be in. A place that is not yet in with the times. I've been a over the country and this is definitely a sad place if you can't close your eyes to it. I spent my day at Rogers park picking up other ppls trash n cig butts. Nothing sustainable here. Produce stinks too. Seems like a hiding spot for pedophiles and method cookers. I'm a proud marijuana user, so this is esp disappointing. Is a typical redneck place.. What else can I say? No education, the extension office barely even runs. Eh.. Can't wait till its a distant memory.

Old 10-04-2014, 05:26 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeeeeeerrrr View Post
And OF COURSE you have 3 walmarts!!!! That's BEYOND sad.. NOTHING to BRAG about!! Holy cow!! Brag about fresh LOCAL produce and fair wages. Brag about sustainability!! GOOD LORD! brag about health and being progressive!! Just read a book PLEA SE !! Why do you think g the reviews for this area stink?!
All 3 wal marts stay busy. nothing sad about that. They have everything and their prices are good. I dont think that this area is into produce production. Perhaps the soil is too sandy. More produce farms are in the center of the state and south. Wages? Wages can be earned if you do something that entitles u to a decent wage.

Spring Hill is a place that you really dont need to go elsewhere to get whatever you need.

Health? Whats wrong with the health? All kinds of doctors, 3 hospitals. What is missing?
You havent definded progressive. It is amazing that the population has sky rocketed over the past 10 years or spo and the reviews for the area stink?

If you are looking for more than a house, schools for your kids, quiet living in a mostly rural area with a lot of places to eat, drink and shop and be an hour from Tampa, you would be in the wrong place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida