Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 03:14 PM

6 posts, read 5,436 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Florida for the weather. I am 34 years old, female, and single. I own a few horses so my ideal living situation would be...

- A place with stuff to do/where I can make friends (and hopefully find a boyfriend?) .... I'm not really into bars/clubs but just do not want to be in a town that goes to sleep when it gets dark. I enjoy nature and outdoor living/walking my dog, etc.

- 30 mins from an area where I can board my horses.

- Somewhere safe

- I do not have kids so I do not care if the city is family friendly or has good schools.

- I am very involved with my horses so if anyone knows of an area that has a good horse community that would be great. I would love an area that has feed/tack stores, trails, saddle clubs, natural horsemanship, community arena?, etc. I would also like my horses to live on pasture... not just dirt like they used to so I'm not sure if certain areas are better for any of that?

Any info on any of this would be very appreciated! I plan to move mid November when my current lease is up.

Thank you! Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 03:52 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flequestrian View Post
I'm moving to Florida for the weather. I am 34 years old, female, and single. I own a few horses so my ideal living situation would be...

- A place with stuff to do/where I can make friends (and hopefully find a boyfriend?) .... I'm not really into bars/clubs but just do not want to be in a town that goes to sleep when it gets dark. I enjoy nature and outdoor living/walking my dog, etc.

- 30 mins from an area where I can board my horses.

- Somewhere safe

- I do not have kids so I do not care if the city is family friendly or has good schools.

- I am very involved with my horses so if anyone knows of an area that has a good horse community that would be great. I would love an area that has feed/tack stores, trails, saddle clubs, natural horsemanship, community arena?, etc. I would also like my horses to live on pasture... not just dirt like they used to so I'm not sure if certain areas are better for any of that?

Any info on any of this would be very appreciated! I plan to move mid November when my current lease is up.

Thank you! Lisa
Stuart, Jupiter, Indiantown area.

Old 08-29-2015, 04:12 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,067 times
Jupiter or Stuart.

Old 08-29-2015, 04:23 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,895,441 times
If you would like Miami (which is not for everybody) you can keep your horses in Homestead or in West Kendall. Also there are probably places to keep the horses in Broward or Brevard counties - many people find Ft. Lauderdale a better fit for them. All of SFL is expensive, but I think is much better for many young people than other areas of coastal FL. There actually is a cowboy culture down in the more remote parts of SFL, especially near the Everglades where there is more open space.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:08 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Ocala is thoroughbred country and probably has a fair number of other stable options not geared toward racing.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:29 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,867,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Ocala is thoroughbred country and probably has a fair number of other stable options not geared toward racing.
Ocala is definitely your place in my opinion.

Equestrian - Ocala Marion County Visitors
Feel Downtown Ocala - Art, History, Fine Dining & Fun!

Old 08-30-2015, 08:07 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
I agree with Ocala - #1 "horsie" place in FL, by far.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:15 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I agree with Ocala - #1 "horsie" place in FL, by far.
34 and wants some social aspects.... is Ocala really an option? Just because there are horse farms there does not mean the area would be a good place to live "to find a husband and have places to go out at night"

OP
There are places to board and ride horses near almost every city in Florida . Where you find a job will be the first priority and then look in that area for horse boarding.

For example near Tampa https://www.newhorse.com/page/horseb...56.html?page=1

Old 08-30-2015, 06:19 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
34 and wants some social aspects.... is Ocala really an option? Just because there are horse farms there does not mean the area would be a good place to live "to find a husband and have places to go out at night"

OP
There are places to board and ride horses near almost every city in Florida . Where you find a job will be the first priority and then look in that area for horse boarding.

For example near Tampa https://www.newhorse.com/page/horseb...56.html?page=1
I think she should check it out for herself. It might be just what she is looking for.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:57 PM

299 posts, read 377,607 times
Ocala, also Dade City, Plant City, Lakeland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida