Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2008, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,885 times

Advertisements

To: Florida,

My husband and I both have worked for the Ford UAW for the last 15 yrs. We have recently decided to take the buyout and move to Florida to be near his brother in Cape Coral.

This is all going to happen so fast and I'm trying to get all the info I can on the area. We are going to need a house (to rent) and jobs. I would like to know what property taxes and homeowners insurance rates are, to prepare when we do buy a home. Also, are there any good websites to find jobs on? Besides: Monster.com, etc. Something more local? I can do administrative work and my husband can do anything. He'd like, eventually, to get into a country club/golf course as he does club building on the side, now.

Any and all info would be helpful.

Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 12:17 PM

183 posts, read 534,222 times
i'm with you, want to get out of here as soon as possible...especially after today(wind chill -10 windy)

Old 01-30-2008, 06:56 PM

3 posts, read 5,546 times
my parents are from Newaygo, MI.. My mom was Bi***ing about the cold weather you have been having.. but all that means to me is tat i'll be seeing it in about 2 days over in NY...

Old 01-31-2008, 06:03 AM

88 posts, read 193,752 times
My Girlfriend and I moved here from Midwest she took early retirement from Ford. I am in healthcare. I make wages above what the standard was for Ford, she cannot find work. Even wth my wages we are living day to day. It was a mistake for us to move here.
Watch out for sure. You wont find a high payng job. You will be lucky to find something in the 10 to 15 dollar per hour range so plan ahead
Florida will nickle and dime you to an empty pocket book fast.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:29 AM

3 posts, read 5,546 times
i am hoping to get a job at the power plant in crystal river and i have heard that gainesville has some very good hospitals for my gf to work at..

Old 02-14-2008, 12:26 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaptrex View Post
i'm with you, want to get out of here as soon as possible...especially after today(wind chill -10 windy)

You'll be saying the same thing about the horrendous summers down here. Its a sauna for about 4-5 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida