Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 11:36 AM

12 posts, read 20,415 times

Advertisements

North Idaho. Couer d'Alene, since you want to be closer to a city or I'd pick Sandpoint. You also may want to look at Missoula, MT as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 02:37 PM

81 posts, read 120,083 times
Some southern state where it isn't built up like Florida. I like small rural towns, not cities. North Florida is still ok for now, but the developers will eventually trash that part of Florida too, and turn the small towns into cities. I live in St Pete now and I hate the place. It doesn't have the same feel as Alabama. Parents moved here for jobs, and I'm currently saving money to get out. Will probably settle for Inglis, FL so I'm not too far from them. It's a very small town and the people don't like development(I've talked to the locals). Can always get a job in Citrus County a few miles south of Inglis.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:22 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,118,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin230 View Post
Some southern state where it isn't built up like Florida. I like small rural towns, not cities. North Florida is still ok for now, but the developers will eventually trash that part of Florida too, and turn the small towns into cities. I live in St Pete now and I hate the place. It doesn't have the same feel as Alabama. Parents moved here for jobs, and I'm currently saving money to get out. Will probably settle for Inglis, FL so I'm not too far from them. It's a very small town and the people don't like development(I've talked to the locals). Can always get a job in Citrus County a few miles south of Inglis.

I think it will be a long time before Levy county gets out of hand. Really pretty up there.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:24 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,408,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
upstate SC is awesome. tons of nice towns there, just like NC.

only spartanburg has a (somewhat) reputation for being "bad." But really, the "bad" rap that Spartanburg gets isnt any worse than many, many cities of same size in FL.
StreetSmarts, you need to be careful. I don't want all the Floridians moving here to NC! I've already met tons as it is.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:34 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,118,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
StreetSmarts, you need to be careful. I don't want all the Floridians moving here to NC! I've already met tons as it is.
Just wait until more and more come there. Horrendous traffic, high job competition, more taxes.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:19 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,124,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Just wait until more and more come there. Horrendous traffic, high job competition, more taxes.
I do not want to live with a bunch of Floridians. I've done so for 42 years!

Old 11-13-2015, 07:56 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,910,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
You've never been to Spartanburg. Yes, it is that bad.

I havent? Really? You're telling me where I've been and havent been? I used to live 45 mins away from Greenville-Spartanburg.

It isn't that bad. Its not great, but considering its next to Greenville, it doesnt compare whatsoever. But its no that bad.

You live in Ft Lauderdale, dont you?

Old 11-13-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I think it will be a long time before Levy county gets out of hand. Really pretty up there.
I like Levy County. I think it will be a while before it gets congested and built up for sure.

Old 11-13-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post

Yup! Told ya! They love it up there- as long as they appreciate it and act civilized, its all good.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:36 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
I havent? Really? You're telling me where I've been and havent been? I used to live 45 mins away from Greenville-Spartanburg.

It isn't that bad. Its not great, but considering its next to Greenville, it doesnt compare whatsoever. But its no that bad.

You live in Ft Lauderdale, dont you?
Spartanburg is improving pretty rapidly. Since BMW (and others) moved in along with expansion of USC-Upstate there's a lot more investment in infrastructure and the downtown area has come back significantly. It's not like it was 10 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida