U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 10:22 AM

2,233 posts, read 1,502,235 times

Advertisements

OP, another incentive to check out the Orlando area is that the Orlando area has one of the largest Brazilian communities in America. I
Have at least ten Brazilian friends concentrated off of Kirkman in Orlando and there are numerous Brazilian restaurants, bakeries, and cultural venues in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 02:27 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,210,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Coincidentally enough you described Apopka in the opening statement about Greenville. Furthermore it's unemployment rate is 5.5% with the national average at 5.2%, hardly "well above average". The Orlando metro is at 5.1% and the land of part-time jobs with no benefits versus Greenville, which is quite diverse economically and not growing it's economy primarily via new Wawa stores.

and.........booyah.

Old 10-26-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
South Carolina has never had a good economy. It's unemployment rate has been above average ever since the unemployment rate has been calculated going back decades.

I'm not going to boast about Orlandos economy. I'm well aware of its flaws. But to talk of a hick city in South Carolina, one of the worst states economically in the nation, like it is some land of gold and honey, is downright laughable.

you've obviously never been to Greenville, or dont know much about it. its not a hick city and its unemployment rate is below the national avg.

what is it with you hating anything southern? is that why you are in FL?

Old 10-26-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
you've obviously never been to Greenville, or dont know much about it. its not a hick city and its unemployment rate is below the national avg.

what is it with you hating anything southern? is that why you are in FL?
What is it with you hating anything with Florida? You don't like it here so just move and stop annoying our forum. Go to your confederate fantasyland in Greenville already.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:20 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,041,978 times
Quote:
What is it with you hating anything with Florida? You don't like it here so just move and stop annoying our forum. Go to your confederate fantasyland in Greenville already.
Please. He is flo-grown. He has earned his opinion. So get over it.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
I'm Flo-grown as well. Born, raised, and lived most of it adult life in Florida. I can have an opinion on his opinion. And while I haven't seen Greenville, I have seen much of South Carolina (I have family there actually) and the state definitely has some gorgeous areas, but there is a LOT of not good things going on there too.

Old 10-26-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:

I don't. I'm just debunking your overexaggerations (sp?) and misleading info.

I dont want to move, not now anyway. I will later but I'm fine here. Just because I like another place better and point out FL's flaws, doesnt mean I hate it.

Some get waaaay too defensive.

Old 10-26-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
Got the FloGrown sticker on my truck

Old 10-26-2015, 08:32 PM

14,269 posts, read 15,850,755 times
Quote:
Greenville does not have a booming economy. It has a well above average unemployment rate. And I doubt the OP wants to live in a small, conservative, Southern metro such as Greenville, with the bigotry, racism, and redneck attitudes that come with it.
Greenville is a very international city and has a great downtown area. However, in general, it is very conservative. Still, if you're referring to the recent protests that were on the national news, none of those people were from Greenville. They were bused into the area to protest against the Black Lives Matter activists. I don't know where you get your information, but the unemployment rate is 5% and Apopka is 4.8. Not a big difference.

Florida has a lot of nice cities too. It's a personal choice. The weather in FL is a little better IMHO.

Moving from Denver to any city in Florida or South Carolina might be a big culture shock, but "life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long...."

Old 10-26-2015, 08:37 PM

385 posts, read 379,476 times
Southwest Florida is growing strong with lots of houses going up, and a shortage of workers to build them. I'd check out the area from naples to cape coral. We moved here from Colorado a year and a half ago, and we love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or