Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 05:22 AM

9 posts, read 7,985 times

Advertisements

Trauma surgeon
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 05:50 AM

Sorry.

Those are the places where the job is located, not necessarily where we should live. We can be anywhere to 20, 25min driving from it. Yes, we are planning on having kids once we move there and prefer if it's close to private schools.

Thank you

Old 11-26-2015, 07:35 AM

I'm new to the forum and not sure why I can't reply to each one so, for whoever asked what job He will be doing: He is a trauma surgeon, with that being said he can't be too far from those neighborhoods. Good or not, that's where the Hospitals are located and that's the reason we are looking for a nicer area near by.

Thanks

Old 11-26-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Please explain what great career options awaits your husband in Overtown? It is one of the poorest neighborhoods in Miami.
This should be interesting.
He is a trauma surgeon and that's the location of the hospital. We can live anywhere 20-25min driving tho. Sorry I wasn't clear but I just wanted to give a start point from this neighborhood since its his job location
Thanks

Old 11-29-2015, 04:56 AM

68 posts, read 97,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida here we go View Post
1- TAMPA (Davis island)
2- MIAMI (Overtown)
3- WEST PALM BEACH (Northwood)
4- FORT LAUDERLALE ( Croissant park )

Here is the scenario.
Couple in the early 30s , husband with great career , both outdoors ,super active,
fitness,no drinking,no clubbing, love biking, hiking, water sports etc etc
newly weds and ready to have kids.

If you didn’t have to worry about money,
and the job options is in one of those neighbourhoods then
what city would you chose to live if you were
only considering :

->best private elementary school
->best private high school
->best place to raise kids
->best house by the water with pool under 4million ( max 25min driving)
->low crime rate ( or safe neighbourhood )
->easy access for traveling ( cruises,flights etc family always visiting from overseas)

Thanks
Check out Coconut Grove. Sounds almost exactly like what you're looking for. Its lush, tons of biking, you can get homes on the water and its pretty close to where your husband will be working. Plus its very safe, good schools and very welcoming. I don't know about the other neighborhoods but ignore the trolls who bash SFLA because they dislike Hispanics. Oh and I assume you said overtown because your husband will be working right next to it, somewhere in the health district. But just know that Overtown is quite poor and very very dangerous. The health district isn't dangerous though , not really, so your husband should be fine. But don't don't think about Overtown. It's literally the exact opposite of what you say you want.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:18 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,633,582 times
Overtown? Lol.

If I'm reading correct, does he need to be 25 minutes from Croissant Park? I'm a bit confused by your post. If you want to know where a lot of doctors live in Fort Lauderdale, it would be Hawks Landing in Plantation. It's right near 595 with highway access to everything. Very exclusive neighborhood. I know multiple doctors there and they swear by it.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:30 PM

301 posts, read 368,523 times
In my opinion the OP has unrealistic expectations. He/she should look to San Francisco (Calif).

Old 11-30-2015, 12:35 PM

301 posts, read 368,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
If you want to know where a lot of doctors live in Fort Lauderdale, it would be Hawks Landing in Plantation. It's right near 595 with highway access to everything. Very exclusive neighborhood. I know multiple doctors there and they swear by it.
You are correct but Hawks Landing is a scam. It's a heavily guarded and closed-in community for wealthy people. These people live in another world chock full of extreme luxuries. Once they leave the pearly gates they enter out in to the real world of today's Plantation. Not exactly Palm Beach!

Old 11-30-2015, 12:45 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
In my opinion the OP has unrealistic expectations. He/she should look to San Francisco (Calif).
Right...because the OP's husband definitely has a job there.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:00 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida here we go View Post
1- TAMPA (Davis island)
2- MIAMI (Overtown)
3- WEST PALM BEACH (Northwood)
4- FORT LAUDERLALE ( Croissant park )

Here is the scenario.
Couple in the early 30s , husband with great career , both outdoors ,super active,
fitness,no drinking,no clubbing, love biking, hiking, water sports etc etc
newly weds and ready to have kids.

If you didn’t have to worry about money,
and the job options is in one of those neighbourhoods then
what city would you chose to live if you were
only considering :

->best private elementary school
->best private high school
->best place to raise kids
->best house by the water with pool under 4million ( max 25min driving)
->low crime rate ( or safe neighbourhood )
->easy access for traveling ( cruises,flights etc family always visiting from overseas)

Thanks
It would be better in my opinion for you to go to each and every one of these forums in bold to ask this same scenario as you will get more detailed answers. More posters will be able to answer your questions correctly and not the stupid remarks from trolls who don't reside in the other cities or any of the cities at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida