Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 11:18 AM

260 posts, read 320,453 times

Advertisements

Let's keep in mind I am not referring to the stereotypical, 'trailer trash' aspect of the definition. Just the rural, conservative, Southern-bred, working-class individuals who prefer a slow-paced albeit productive lifestyle over a fast-paced, pretentious alternative.

More this than anything else...
red·neck
ˈredˌnek/Submit
nounNORTH AMERICANinformalderogatory
a working-class white person, especially a politically reactionary one from a rural area.

You could list 10, 15, heck even 20 would do, and you might as well include one within' the closest proximity to the SE/SW Florida Metropolitan area (but not Davie, it is really more suburban than anything else)
Thanks. (BTW, I wholly respect the lifestyle, I live it to a small extent)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 01:47 PM

301 posts, read 365,685 times
The entire area north of Ocala up to the GA/FL state line and from Jax to Pensacola is all pretty much Redneck if you will. Orlando south is touch and go. Once you arrive in West Palm it's a mixed bag of people, yanks, floridians, islanders from the caribbean and a lot of third world illegal hispanic immigrants. Why the question? Are you a country type person looking for the same?

Old 11-29-2015, 02:25 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,098,582 times
"Southern" is a stretch. There probably aren't any Southern towns in the Florida peninsula left. There are some redneck towns though. Arcadia, Sebring, Zolfo Springs. Heck even my hometown of Naples has a redneck vibe to it in some areas.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:55 PM

Have you all seen on youtube they have a huge Redneck Disney World down around Punta Gorda. Mud ponds and a bunch people have a great time. Not my cup of tea but it does look fun!

Old 11-29-2015, 02:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCwpv_ON028

Old 11-29-2015, 03:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ5g9qGvuOI

Old 11-29-2015, 03:58 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,819,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post

3:00 mark. My kinda chick. I'm in love.

Old 11-29-2015, 04:04 PM

30,137 posts, read 20,843,952 times
West Pasco is redneck.

Old 11-29-2015, 11:36 PM

13,254 posts, read 22,650,364 times
Panama City/Panama City Beach is impressively redneck save for the Tyndall AFB and Navy folks. The US 98 corridor west of there to the Alabama state line, not so much- lots of military folks who are here for a couple years in between stints in Japan or Germany or Hawaii or D.C, or else military retirees who have found themselves cushy white collar contracting jobs on base.

Anything around I-10 and points north of that-often hard to tell apart from Alabama. Small towns like Jay, Baker, Laurel Hill, DeFuniak Springs, Marianna, Chipley, etc... We were out at Morrison Springs (between DeFuniak and Ponce de Leon) a few weeks back and got talking with some locals, who informed us that our Niceville-based selfs did not count as being from 'around here'.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Panama City/Panama City Beach is impressively redneck save for the Tyndall AFB and Navy folks. The US 98 corridor west of there to the Alabama state line, not so much- lots of military folks who are here for a couple years in between stints in Japan or Germany or Hawaii or D.C, or else military retirees who have found themselves cushy white collar contracting jobs on base.

Anything around I-10 and points north of that-often hard to tell apart from Alabama. Small towns like Jay, Baker, Laurel Hill, DeFuniak Springs, Marianna, Chipley, etc... We were out at Morrison Springs (between DeFuniak and Ponce de Leon) a few weeks back and got talking with some locals, who informed us that our Niceville-based selfs did not count as being from 'around here'.
All this area you stated has very good people. Maybe they are Redneck but they are fine honest and hard working family people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida