U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 07:58 AM

12,135 posts, read 13,219,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Quite simple: I can afford it, I like the year-round weather, and I live in an area conducive to raising my children properly. They can play outdoor sports year-round, go to the park whenever, beaches are nearby and always an option for a weekend trip... The list continues.

The question should be: Why WOULDN'T I want to live in Florida? Can you answer this for me? Since apparently you guys (gals, whatever) know something I don't? Thanks.
All they know is what the media tells them. They have no idea what day to day life is like here for a normal person.

Most of them have never spent a day anywhere in the state. Those who have been here have seen one small patch of it. It's like going to New York City and being convinced the entire state is the same as Times Square.

Let them keep their negativity and ignorance. Perhaps if they tell a friend who tells a friend who tells their uncle it will help just a liitle bit at stemming the tide of people clamoring to get here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 11:06 AM

138 posts, read 115,102 times
Quote:
The question should be: Why WOULDN'T I want to live in Florida? Can you answer this for me? Since apparently you guys (gals, whatever) know something I don't? Thanks.
Rick Scott.
One of the most backwards,poorer States in the US.
No real industry.
Low wages.
High Cost of living.
One of the worst school systems in the nation.
Worst drivers in the US.
High Crime.
No medicaid expansion.
MidWesteners.
Rednecks.
Rednecks.
Rednecks.
Tampa's confederate flag.
Caters to white upper middle class/rich retirees.

and list goes on and on....

Old 12-31-2015, 11:13 AM

10,575 posts, read 10,812,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanPapi View Post
Rick Scott.
One of the most backwards,poorer States in the US.
No real industry.
Low wages.
High Cost of living.
One of the worst school systems in the nation.
Worst drivers in the US.
High Crime.
No medicaid expansion.
MidWesteners.
Rednecks.
Rednecks.
Rednecks.
Tampa's confederate flag.
Caters to white upper middle class/rich retirees.

Sounds like you're a taker not a maker. Go back to collecting welfare in whichever paradise you came from. As for the rest of your dribble, you can verify your false notions regarding the school system and wages vs COL by a simple google search. Doubt you will though

Old 12-31-2015, 11:24 AM

9,550 posts, read 6,543,002 times
Quote:
Rick Scott. What about him?
One of the most backwards,poorer States in the US. I'm not poor. Neither are my neighbors. Or my neighbors' neighbors. Average household income is higher in FL than in *gasp* the oft-heralded-on-these-forums NC!!!
No real industry. My field of work is "real..." And employs LOTS of people. Not to mention International Trade, the SPACE INDUSTRY
Low wages. See above. In case you didn't comprehend, I don't make a "low wage." And this is with a regular job. I don't have to own a business or be a doctor to earn a decent wage.
High Cost of living. Mortgage: $1150/month. 4 bed 2 bath 2 story home, close to an acre backyard in a safe, walkable neighborhood. High cost?
One of the worst school systems in the nation. Depends where you live, and where you send your kids.
Worst drivers in the US. NYC and DC
High Crime. I guess... Ranked 9th in the nation, behind Nevada, Tennessee, South Carolina, to name a few.
No medicaid expansion. Stop living off the taxpayer's dime and buy you and your family insurance.
MidWesteners. What?
Rednecks. See half of the U.S.
Tampa's confederate flag. See half of the U.S.
Caters to white upper middle class/rich retirees. Who is? I'm not white, and was pretty much low-income when I first moved here. Considering how I made out in a reasonable amount of time, I'd say I've been well catered to.

Try again?

Old 12-31-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Sounds like you're a taker not a maker. Go back to collecting welfare in whichever paradise you came from. As for the rest of your dribble, you can verify your false notions regarding the school system and wages vs COL by a simple google search. Doubt you will though
Collecting welfare is what your hero Governor did all his life and now denies it to the needy,please do go ahead and verify all of the facts i just posted, i doubt you will....

Old 12-31-2015, 11:36 AM

1,141 posts, read 770,804 times
Quote:
Rick Scott. Better than Bush
One of the most backwards,poorer States in the US. I know who's backwards.
No real industry. Less polution
Low wages. Retirees don't need high wages.
High Cost of living.Cheaper than where we come from.
One of the worst school systems in the nation.My kids are out of school, grandkids don't live here
Worst drivers in the US.You haven't been to Michigan
High Crime.Not seein' it
No medicaid expansion.Don't need it
MidWesteners.Salt of the earth. You're lucky to have 'em
Rednecks.Fun
Rednecks.Fun
Rednecks.Fun
Tampa's confederate flag. So what. don't look at it
Caters to white upper middle class/rich retirees. Jealous?

So go on then

Stop whining and do something about your miserable life.

Old 12-31-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Try again? Mortgage: $1150/month. 4 bed 2 bath 2 story home, close to an acre backyard in a safe, walkable neighborhood. High cost?
Yeah right!!! ... you didn't include the ridiculous high INSURANCE fees you are probably paying,plus you live in the sticks of Central FL, sounds like a pretty bad deal to me for a stucco home, then you have George Zimmerman as your neighbor,no thanks....

Go sell your false dreams somewhere else !!!!...

Old 12-31-2015, 12:17 PM

9,550 posts, read 6,543,002 times
Quote:
Yeah right!!! ... you didn't include the ridiculous high INSURANCE fees you are probably paying,plus you live in the sticks of Central FL, sounds like a pretty bad deal to me for a stucco home, then you have George Zimmerman as your neighbor,no thanks....

Go sell your false dreams somewhere else !!!!...
LOL! I don't have George Zimmerman as a neighbor. I have a few young professionals and a few retirees. All friendly folk.
I don't live in the sticks. I live in a suburb, which I would do in any given metro area due to the fact that I don't care to live IN the city. Been there, done that, no thanks.

$1150/month is INCLUDING my homeowner's insurance.

Why do you assume it's a stucco house? It's a brick house. But yeah, seems like you know so much about me and everyone in FL.

Why are you so mad that I like my home? False dreams? It's not a dream. It's how and where I live. And I'm really just getting started, at the ripe age of 29.

Geez, bitter much?

Last edited by Arcenal352; 12-31-2015 at 12:32 PM..

Old 12-31-2015, 01:34 PM

10,575 posts, read 10,812,410 times
Quote:
Collecting welfare is what your hero Governor did all his life and now denies it to the needy,please do go ahead and verify all of the facts i just posted, i doubt you will....
By not wanting to expand the federal government's debt burden? The federal government only picks up the tab 100% for 3 years.

But I guess money grows on trees in your liberal paradise.

FL schools are consistently middle of the pack in the U.S. based on multiple studies

Old 12-31-2015, 01:49 PM

12,135 posts, read 13,219,488 times
Quote:
LOL! I don't have George Zimmerman as a neighbor. I have a few young professionals and a few retirees. All friendly folk.
I don't live in the sticks. I live in a suburb, which I would do in any given metro area due to the fact that I don't care to live IN the city. Been there, done that, no thanks.

$1150/month is INCLUDING my homeowner's insurance.

Why do you assume it's a stucco house? It's a brick house. But yeah, seems like you know so much about me and everyone in FL.

Why are you so mad that I like my home? False dreams? It's not a dream. It's how and where I live. And I'm really just getting started, at the ripe age of 29.

Geez, bitter much?
Based on the venom being spewed by your correspondent, you are dealing with a age <30 individual who has a GED or high school diploma at best. He lives in a slow quiet part of the state and does not fit in with anything going on there. This person either was moved here by parents or somehow relocated himself. Having done no due diligence he has found that things arent at all what he imagined. He knows nothing about FL today but only thew old tongue wagging he has heard before.

He does not know that a few years ago the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of Florida was recorded to be $734.5 billion which made it the fourth largest economy in the United States of America. He has never heard of The College of Engineering at the University of Florida in Gainesville or what it offers, no difference as he would never pass the entrance exam. He does not know what has been going on in the K-12 school environment in FL.

He knows nothing about Gov Scott who was born and raised in a poor family but became a graduate of the University of Missouri, got his law degree from Southern Methodist Universiity, served in the United States Navy worked at a Texas law firm in which he became a partner, that in 1987, at age 34, he co-founded Columbia Hospital Corporation with two business partners which became the largest private for-profit health care company in the U.S.

He sees those around him living in nice houses, driving nice cars and living a good life. That is very hard on a person who's biggest skill is operating a lawn mower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or