Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 02:28 PM

138 posts, read 151,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Pasco County is huge, and east Pasco is 100% different from west Pasco, or even south Pasco. I lived in Dade City for 12 years, and it was one of the most beautiful and friendliest places in Florida. Still a relatively undiscovered gem. It is the county seat for Pasco, and there are also Pasco Hernando Community College, and St. Leo University. I think certain trol.....(ahem) posters need to get out more.

As for Florida, I am a second generation native, born and raised and they are going to have to blast me out of here. I now live (with my sweet husband) in the beautiful Sarasota/Manatee area and thank my lucky stars every day that I get to live here. Two blocks from the bay, just a few miles to the beach, and just down the road from me the spectacular Ringling Museum. And that is just for starters.
Your area caters to upper middle class,white ,wealthy,elderly retirees,and the people who serve them have to live in cheaper,trashy Brandenton/Manatee county because they can't afford Sarasota, how does the Ringling Museum help anyone who has to work and earn a living?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 02:32 PM

17,455 posts, read 38,845,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanPapi View Post
Your area caters to upper middle class,white ,wealthy,elderly retirees,and the people who serve them have to live in cheaper,trashy Brandenton/Manatee county because they can't afford Sarasota, how does the Ringling Museum help anyone who has to work and earn a living?...
I feel sorry for you, and others like you. It doesn't affect my pleasure one bit if you are miserable with your own life. Maybe you could spend some energy to figure out what to do to be happy, Papi. Oh, and it's spelled BRADENTON not BRANDENTON. And I don't live there anyway, I am in Sarasota. But I happen to love Bradenton as well.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:01 PM

35,309 posts, read 51,996,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanPapi View Post
Pasco,Hernando,Manatee,Rural Hillsborough are trailer park,white trash,KKK meccas,If that giant racist,treasonous symbol welcoming you to the area off I-4- I-75 isn't warning enough to stay away from most of Tampa BAY, i don't know what is...
I wasnt needing confirmation that you have no idea about the area but if you feel the need keep your viewpoints coming. .

Old 12-29-2015, 03:09 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,829,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
It's only as good as you make it.
True, but can't you say that about any place? I don't know why "Florida is so wonderful" always turns into a debate. Some people love it, some people sort of like it, and some people hate it. I mean, some people like a large charcoal-broiled steak and some prefer a tossed salad and baked lasagna. It shouldn't always be an argument.

Anyway, there must be a reason I see articles like these:

[URL="http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/05/retirement/retirement-states/"]Best States To Retire in are a Little Surprising
[/URL]
[URL="http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/state-rank-seniors-financial-security/"]Here’s why it might be a good idea to retire in Alaska[/URL]

Old 12-29-2015, 04:06 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,826,737 times
More space and more laid back? Compared to NYC or Philly.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:09 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,332,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
More space and more laid back? Compared to NYC or Philly.
Florida isn't laid back. It's as laid back as California is.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:11 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,220,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightfulNYC View Post
no salaries either. no way to make money.
Yup, doctors don't make any money here. Neither do lawyers, pharmacists, nurses or engineers.

Stay away

Old 12-29-2015, 04:31 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,214,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
You might be in the wrong place.
My neighbor sets his alarm so he knows when to go to bed.
A full day is drinks by the pool and getting the mail.
I don't go over there anymore cause I kept falling asleep and missing supper.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:46 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,015,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Depends on where in the state(s) you are.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:48 PM

2 posts, read 2,489 times
Hello, im relocating to Florida, Im so excited! I have lived in New England my whole life. I have actually NEVER left the New England area. Im planning to move around March 2016... I have a brother in law living there and absolutely loves it. Hes originally from the Boston area. He told me, he will never move back. I do want to know if anyone is from the Flagler County area and can give me any information on rental agencies, any landlord willing to rent.
My husband and I are quite and very clean. We have excellent references and we have never had complaints. Thankyou for your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida