Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 08:33 AM

15 posts, read 68,807 times

Advertisements

Thank you LewLew and all others. This is invaluable information I can't get from official websites or statistics. South Tampa seems to be the best spot for us. We will be visiting the area in March. We are actually trying to decide between Denver, CO or staying in Florida. My husband was born and raised in Upstate NY and doesn't want to go back there but he really misses the snow and snowboarding. He is a certified snowboard instructor and wants to go back north where the snow is.

We will have to reach a compromise somehow. We will be visiting Denver next week and after we visit Tampa next month we will have to make the decision. We don't want to spend another summer in Key West. Thanks again for all the information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 08:53 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,343,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeCe26 View Post
Thank you LewLew and all others. This is invaluable information I can't get from official websites or statistics. South Tampa seems to be the best spot for us. We will be visiting the area in March. We are actually trying to decide between Denver, CO or staying in Florida. My husband was born and raised in Upstate NY and doesn't want to go back there but he really misses the snow and snowboarding. He is a certified snowboard instructor and wants to go back north where the snow is.

We will have to reach a compromise somehow. We will be visiting Denver next week and after we visit Tampa next month we will have to make the decision. We don't want to spend another summer in Key West. Thanks again for all the information!
What about So Cal? You can have the beach, and drive 40 minutes up to Big Bear? It might satisfy both of your desires. You would find a one bedroom apt in Los Feliz for $1300, and in Studio City, West Hollywood. I lived there in my 20's and LOVED it. We went skiing all the time. We also vacationed in Vegas, Santa Barbara, Palm Springs and AZ. You might have all you both want in CA. Very far away, but the weather is the best in the country if you ask me.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:19 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,379,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdecapio View Post
Where are the best places in South Tampa for young professionals?
Best places in South Tampa for Young Professionals are Hyde Park, SOHO, Bayshore Gardens/Beautiful, also downtown is emerging with LOTS of young professionals, check out Davis Islands, Harbour Island, Channelside and downtown CBD.

TDP Intro

Old 02-07-2008, 04:27 AM

15 posts, read 68,807 times
Lew Lew, thank you for your suggestion. We were thinking about CA but decided it's not our cup of tea - the traffic, too expensive, the plastic culture. We haven't been there but have friends who lived in LA for a couple of years and couldn't wait to leave. We were also considering North and South Carolina, as they are closer to both beaches and mountains. I have freinds who go to school in NC and like it there. I should check those forums too. It's too hard too make the right decision. Thank you again!

Old 02-07-2008, 03:19 PM

105 posts, read 550,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagator View Post
Im 25 and live in St. Pete and have lived in Gainesville. I love Gainesville but I was there for undergrad so I don't know what it would be like to live there and not be a part of the University. It has a nice little downtown but there is alot of homeless people. St. Pete is nice, the downtown is awesome and the beaches and great. I wouldnt say there is a huge young professional crowd - there is more in south tampa but then you are farther from the beaches. I actually like Orlando - there are alot of young people and the downtown is always hussling and bussling when I am visiting - especially around Lake Eola. Daytona is pretty gross. I work in Sarasota and its pretty much devoid of young professionals - it does have a nice downtown though and Siesta Village is filled with young people on the weekends.
I agree about Downtown Orlando/Thornton Park/Lake Eola area is a very underated and often times not known by outsiders. Very lively(more than st. pete or tampa) w/ lots of young professionals and still not that far from the beach(cocoa 45 minutes to an hour). Also a LOT of nightlife very close, 30+ bars, wine bars, and clubs in the area.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:06 PM

6 posts, read 14,234 times
This is one of the only posts that I could find that has a negative review of Vero Beach, could you elaborate, LewLew? I'm thinking of moving there and have heard alot of positive things about it, including the scenery . . . or did you mean "the scene" as in cool night spots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida