U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: What "mindscape" is New Florida most like?
Wild West 2 2.41%
Heartland 2 2.41%
Dixie 13 15.66%
Yankeedom 11 13.25%
Cuba 0 0%
Meh, it's just Florida 55 66.27%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-06-2016, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,286 posts, read 3,503,555 times
Reputation: 4463

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Not at all. Atlantas economy is among the worst in the nation, always at the bottom of unemployment rankings. Just the reality!
And yet more lies.

In case you haven't checked it out, your little thread is now closed and under Mod review. You were totally OWNED by multitudes of people, many with actual facts that proved you wrong in post after post after post.

How odd that you went completely silent, but I'm sure it must have been due to total embarrassment.

 
Old 05-06-2016, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,286 posts, read 3,503,555 times
Reputation: 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
The people though. Floridians are not southerners. Culturally they are more similar to west coasterners. Mississippi is most socially regressive state in our union. Florida is nothing like that.
It has much more in common with Mississippi than any Western State. Always has, as part of the South.
 
Old 05-06-2016, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,233 posts, read 1,510,891 times
Reputation: 1861
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
It has much more in common with Mississippi than any Western State. Always has, as part of the South.
Hahaha yeah. Keep telling yourself that. It is your state, Georgia that is just like Mississippi. Especially outside of midtown Atlanta, Georgia is identical to Mississippi.
 
Old 05-06-2016, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,233 posts, read 1,510,891 times
Reputation: 1861
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
And yet more lies.

In case you haven't checked it out, your little thread is now closed and under Mod review. You were totally OWNED by multitudes of people, many with actual facts that proved you wrong in post after post after post.

How odd that you went completely silent, but I'm sure it must have been due to total embarrassment.
No. I actually work and have other hobbies, so I take breaks with arguing with your bizarre southern opinions.
 
Old 05-06-2016, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,286 posts, read 3,503,555 times
Reputation: 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Hahaha yeah. Keep telling yourself that. It is your state, Georgia that is just like Mississippi. Especially outside of midtown Atlanta, Georgia is identical to Mississippi.
You should take this comedy show on the road.

Get back to me after spending some time in Live Oak, Lake City, Palatka, Starke, Arcadia, Okeechobee, Clewiston, Belle Glade, Immokalee and countless other towns in Florida. You live in the South buddy boy, regardless of your twisted view of superiority over other States.
 
Old 05-08-2016, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,637 posts, read 27,047,623 times
Reputation: 9577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
The people though. Floridians are not southerners. Culturally they are more similar to west coasterners. Mississippi is most socially regressive state in our union. Florida is nothing like that.
No you are NOT similar to West Coasters. Floridians have literally nothing in common with people from Oregon, Washington, or California.
 
Old 05-08-2016, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,637 posts, read 27,047,623 times
Reputation: 9577
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
You should take this comedy show on the road.

Get back to me after spending some time in Live Oak, Lake City, Palatka, Starke, Arcadia, Okeechobee, Clewiston, Belle Glade, Immokalee and countless other towns in Florida. You live in the South buddy boy, regardless of your twisted view of superiority over other States.
I mean lol. Look at this video. Doesn't it remind you of Astoria?
https://youtu.be/_RsCO7517Jk?t=76

I had family that lived just south of Clewiston in Harlem. You tell them they have more in common with Walla Walla than they do with Hattiesburg and they'd cry with laughter. In that video I posted, I think this dude is actually Haitian. Yet when he speaks English, he doesn't sound all that different from other Black Southerners.

Last edited by Spade; 05-08-2016 at 10:52 PM..
 
Old 05-09-2016, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Florida
2,233 posts, read 1,510,891 times
Reputation: 1861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
No you are NOT similar to West Coasters. Floridians have literally nothing in common with people from Oregon, Washington, or California.
Speak for yourself. I don't have anything in common with people from Georgia or Mississippi. West coast people I fit in very well with.
 
Old 05-09-2016, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,286 posts, read 3,503,555 times
Reputation: 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I mean lol. Look at this video. Doesn't it remind you of Astoria?
https://youtu.be/_RsCO7517Jk?t=76

I had family that lived just south of Clewiston in Harlem. You tell them they have more in common with Walla Walla than they do with Hattiesburg and they'd cry with laughter. In that video I posted, I think this dude is actually Haitian. Yet when he speaks English, he doesn't sound all that different from other Black Southerners.
Absolutely priceless, Spade!
 
Old 05-09-2016, 07:17 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,286 posts, read 3,503,555 times
Reputation: 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Speak for yourself. I don't have anything in common with people from Georgia or Mississippi. West coast people I fit in very well with.
Thankfully you DO NOT speak for all 20 million Floridians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top