U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-10-2016, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Ocala, FL
407 posts, read 472,064 times
Reputation: 1298

Advertisements

I have Florida Blue for 2016, plan 1443B, and my monthly premium with subsidy is $125.05. I have zero copay for generic drugs, my copay for my GP is $2, and my copay for my specialist is $25. My max out of pocket is $2250. It shows as $6K on the website, but it is reduced due to low income. I have had no problem finding a GP or a specialist to take my plan.


I had breast cancer and until 2014 I had no insurance at all. I'm 61 and now have care for the many health problems that come with aging.


I hope "Obamacare" remains in place for at least 3 more years (I'll be 62 in July) until I am eligible for Medicare.


Why any sane person votes for a Republican is beyond me. All they want to do is take things, including your money, away from you. But, you can't fix stupid. Our erstwhile Tea Party Republican governor claims we have a huge surplus, but instead of cutting the little people's property taxes or the gas tax, he wants to give it all to big business. Duh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-10-2016, 08:51 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,217,039 times
Reputation: 6009
You are one of the many millions of people who have benefited from ACA.

If Obama sent everyone in the US a one pound gold bar the same racists and
republicans would be complaining that they wanted gold coins so its another
Obama boondoggle.

When I was about 12 years old I asked my father what is the difference between Republicans and Democrats. He said that Republicans are supported by the rich people so they get richerand the Democrats are for working people and the poor people. I knew right away what I wanted to be.






Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHappy View Post
I have Florida Blue for 2016, plan 1443B, and my monthly premium with subsidy is $125.05. I have zero copay for generic drugs, my copay for my GP is $2, and my copay for my specialist is $25. My max out of pocket is $2250. It shows as $6K on the website, but it is reduced due to low income. I have had no problem finding a GP or a specialist to take my plan.


I had breast cancer and until 2014 I had no insurance at all. I'm 61 and now have care for the many health problems that come with aging.


I hope "Obamacare" remains in place for at least 3 more years (I'll be 62 in July) until I am eligible for Medicare.


Why any sane person votes for a Republican is beyond me. All they want to do is take things, including your money, away from you. But, you can't fix stupid. Our erstwhile Tea Party Republican governor claims we have a huge surplus, but instead of cutting the little people's property taxes or the gas tax, he wants to give it all to big business. Duh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2016, 08:56 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,217,039 times
Reputation: 6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
I obviously wasn't talking about blind/disabled/elderly people. Some low-income Joe Schmoe who's got no kids can't get medicaid.
Right. But he can get medical insurance under the AHA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2016, 01:52 AM
 
10,575 posts, read 10,809,995 times
Reputation: 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHappy View Post
I have Florida Blue for 2016, plan 1443B, and my monthly premium with subsidy is $125.05. I have zero copay for generic drugs, my copay for my GP is $2, and my copay for my specialist is $25. My max out of pocket is $2250. It shows as $6K on the website, but it is reduced due to low income. I have had no problem finding a GP or a specialist to take my plan.


I had breast cancer and until 2014 I had no insurance at all. I'm 61 and now have care for the many health problems that come with aging.


I hope "Obamacare" remains in place for at least 3 more years (I'll be 62 in July) until I am eligible for Medicare.


Why any sane person votes for a Republican is beyond me. All they want to do is take things, including your money, away from you. But, you can't fix stupid. Our erstwhile Tea Party Republican governor claims we have a huge surplus, but instead of cutting the little people's property taxes or the gas tax, he wants to give it all to big business. Duh.
Democrats are no better, promise. We really need a strong third party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2016, 01:54 AM
 
10,575 posts, read 10,809,995 times
Reputation: 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
You are one of the many millions of people who have benefited from ACA.

If Obama sent everyone in the US a one pound gold bar the same racists and
republicans would be complaining that they wanted gold coins so its another
Obama boondoggle.

When I was about 12 years old I asked my father what is the difference between Republicans and Democrats. He said that Republicans are supported by the rich people so they get richerand the Democrats are for working people and the poor people. I knew right away what I wanted to be.
Spring, don't be naive. Democrats are for the rich people too. That's why the stock market has done well during Obama's tenure and the income gap has only widened more since he took office between rich and poor. Hillary made millions giving speeches at Goldman Sachs and other big banks and would put one of them in as her financial advisor
https://theintercept.com/2016/01/08/...heir-lifetime/

It's why CEOs of health insurance companies make tens of millions of dollars while doctors only make six figures in most cases. Obamacare didn't reign that in either, can't bite the lobbyists hands that feed you.

UnitedHealth CEO Stephen Hemsley made more than $66 million in 2014 | Star Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2016, 03:08 AM
 
Location: NY
156 posts, read 213,710 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
They could have and did.

The AHCA is good for people with little income because they get a large subsidy to pay the premiums. The more you earn the less subsidy.


This plan has great coverage, $500 a year deductible and many ZERO cost services and/or small co-pays. Maximum out of pocket expense is $2,000 a year. Once you hit $2k there are no costs.

Florida Blue 1443C

http://www.bcbsfl.com/DocumentLibrar...2014/1443C.PDF


That was 2014. Are you sure that you have the same Plan today?

Here is the Plan for 2016. Silver Level Plan. $619/month without a subsidy.
High Deductible, High OOP, Little service.


https://consumer.websales.floridablu...s?planid=22081
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2016, 04:40 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,132,121 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I go bare. I will never have HC.
what's your penalty with the irs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2016, 06:12 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,217,039 times
Reputation: 6009
I agree, both parties suck wind. However I prefer democrats over republicans. Its a mater of picking the less potent poison. Politicians survive by cuddling with the money trees.



Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Spring, don't be naive. Democrats are for the rich people too. That's why the stock market has done well during Obama's tenure and the income gap has only widened more since he took office between rich and poor. Hillary made millions giving speeches at Goldman Sachs and other big banks and would put one of them in as her financial advisor
https://theintercept.com/2016/01/08/...heir-lifetime/

It's why CEOs of health insurance companies make tens of millions of dollars while doctors only make six figures in most cases. Obamacare didn't reign that in either, can't bite the lobbyists hands that feed you.

UnitedHealth CEO Stephen Hemsley made more than $66 million in 2014 | Star Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2016, 06:23 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,217,039 times
Reputation: 6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebin View Post
That was 2014. Are you sure that you have the same Plan today?

Here is the Plan for 2016. Silver Level Plan. $619/month without a subsidy.
High Deductible, High OOP, Little service.


https://consumer.websales.floridablu...s?planid=22081
I am not sure the plan you refer to is the same. In 2015 the only thing she paid for was her copays for the doctors. She has 3 doctors she sees regularly and had to enlist the services of an orthopedic for a smashed finger. Her Rx bill was less than $100 for the year.

There aparently was no deductible on the services she received.

Talk to Dana Cutlip and see what you have available to you in FL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2016, 06:46 AM
 
13,773 posts, read 33,848,060 times
Reputation: 10557
Keep this about FL.. insulting other members will not be tolerated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:20 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top