Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 05:23 AM

161 posts, read 273,700 times

Advertisements

I have been looking at the Health Plans in Florida. The Plans in my state of NY stink. But, Florida appears even worse.

The premiums are sky high. The deductibles are sky high before any service is even given.

Is this the way it is? Am I missing something?

How do you Floridians cope?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 06:49 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebin View Post
I have been looking at the Health Plans in Florida. The Plans in my state of NY stink. But, Florida appears even worse.

The premiums are sky high. The deductibles are sky high before any service is even given.

You need to talk to an expert. Cutlip Financial Insurance Service, 1328 Bishop Rd, Spring Hill, FL 34608
(352) 610-9957. Talk to Dana Cutlip.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:02 AM

3,234 posts, read 3,191,046 times
The law really should be renamed "The Unaffordable Care Act." (I can only imagine how those who qualify for subsidies feel--even though they get help with the premiums, the deductibles are sky high, and heaven help you if you don't qualify for a subsidy--you've got the double whammy of the high deductible and the expensive premium). And we all wonder why the middle class is disappearing.....

What's a Florida resident to do? We've got a large elderly population so those folks are most likely on Medicare. If poor, then Medicaid. And if you're working, sign up for the employer's group plan (if there is one). Larger health network, lower deductibles and generally lower premiums then the ACA marketplace.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:29 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebin View Post

It is turning out to be a disaster for many states, including Florida.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:37 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Obamacare didn't reduce healthcare costs as promised and won't reduce the federal budget deficit either.

United is already strongly considering an exit out of the ACA The quiet unraveling of ObamaCare

Old 01-10-2016, 08:54 AM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
I go bare. I will never have HC.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:21 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,117,718 times
Health insurance has always been expensive. Abd before Obamacare, it was expensive and they could deny coverage for pre existing conditions.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:10 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Health insurance has always been expensive. Abd before Obamacare, it was expensive and they could deny coverage for pre existing conditions.

They could have and did.

The AHCA is good for people with little income because they get a large subsidy to pay the premiums. The more you earn the less subsidy.

This plan has great coverage, $500 a year deductible and many ZERO cost services and/or small co-pays. Maximum out of pocket expense is $2,000 a year. Once you hit $2k there are no costs.

Florida Blue 1443C

http://www.bcbsfl.com/DocumentLibrar...2014/1443C.PDF

Old 01-10-2016, 11:49 AM

809 posts, read 746,653 times
Most people don't understand the full impact of the ACA. The ACA started in 2010 and made plans like 1443C possible. It got rid of rescissions, and other insurance company games.

I have a BCBS plan with 10K deductible and I LOVE IT. Free yearly checkups. When I do pay for healthcare I get BCBS's highly discounted rates, much lower than what I can negotiate myself (even with cash up front). My generic prescriptions are absurdly cheap. Even less than ordering from Canada.

Before the ACA started in 2010 I could only get "liars insurance" at first, and then insurance that excluded my pre-existing conditions.

I really get upset when political rhetoric vilifies the ACA. Yes, guaranteed issue plans from the exchanges can be expensive, but if you can pass a physical you may be able to get off-exchange insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
They could have and did.

The AHCA is good for people with little income because they get a large subsidy to pay the premiums. The more you earn the less subsidy.

This plan has great coverage, $500 a year deductible and many ZERO cost services and/or small co-pays. Maximum out of pocket expense is $2,000 a year. Once you hit $2k there are no costs.

Florida Blue 1443C

Old 01-10-2016, 12:00 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
They could have and did.

Florida Blue 1443C

Is this a plan available through the ACA exchange? I see nothing on the download for this plan that shows whether it is or not. They aren't all equal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida