U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 12:56 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,153,129 times

Advertisements

Who here is sick of all the lies that we have been getting here in the State of Florida? People seem to be getting upset that I have a bit of a different opinion on things lately. My opinions are just that. Mine. Just because my home is sold doesn't mean I don't love Florida. It's the people that run the government that I don't like.

They aren't fixing major problems here. They are making things worse.
They just keep doing studies upon studies and nothing gets accomplished.

Wake up people and make your voice be heard once and for all.

Do you want to end up at the beaches floating in unsafe water?
How about being stuck on the roads because they didn't plan for new roads?
How about green slime in the canals behind your homes?

How can some of you sit there and say that you are happy with these things?
I don't understand.

So, who agrees or disagrees to what the politicians are doing to a State that was a few years ago a peaceful paradise and now turning it into a dumping ground?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2006, 01:30 PM

68 posts, read 207,436 times
Its all about sales= money

Old 11-21-2006, 02:43 PM

Default It just makes me wonder how people can like what's going on here

Some of the residents of Florida just seem that everything is fine here and it's not.
I can't agree with what is going on here at all.
Things need to change or Florida is going to be in deep trouble.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:16 PM

2,542 posts, read 3,612,162 times
It's not only in Florida, it's been going on in most states. Growth came much and too fast in many areas. Calif. in an example of what can happen. Most of the states up north have the infustrature to handle growth. Florida doesn't have the layers of government to deal with the problems. But along with the layers come more taxes. One way or another your going to pay!!!
It's called progress. Along comes the bad with the good.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:22 PM

It's true about things coming with the good and bad. It's unfortunate that we have been having more bad than good though

Old 11-21-2006, 03:29 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,223,653 times
Who here is sick of all the lies that we have been getting here in the State of Florida?
Let’s be specific?

People seem to be getting upset that I have a bit of a different opinion on things lately.
Everyone is entittle to their opinion and you opted to post and receive feedback.

My opinions are just that. Mine. Just because my home is sold doesn't mean I don't love Florida. Can I ask did you make a substantial profit on you sale? Yes or No answer.

It's the people that run the government that I don't like.
Did you vote?

They aren't fixing major problems here. They are making things worse.
They just keep doing studies upon studies and nothing gets accomplished.
Have you contacted your Government leaders and voice you concerns. Maybe give them an idea that might fix the problem. Do you have a plan that can fix the problems?

Do you want to end up at the beaches floating in unsafe water? Which location?

How about being stuck on the roads because they didn't plan for new roads? Do you participate on the county meetings?

How about green slime in the canals behind your homes? Don’t have one…

How can some of you sit there and say that you are happy with these things?
I don't understand.

So, who agrees or disagrees to what the politicians are doing to a State that was a few years ago a peaceful paradise and now turning it into a dumping ground?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You make some valid points of our current political and economical situation. Is there a way to fix it? What is your plan?

You might be the catalyst that can get 100K e-mails or petitions to the state leaders and maybe get a reply.

Went are you leaving the state? Have you purchased a new home? What is the location?

Please remember that this is a big state and not all the areas are affected the same way. Our area Northwest Florida has felt the impact on housing and taxes, but the market is slowly leveling. My taxes are not high so I can’t complain and I have a great home within a few miles of the Gulf of Mexico. Crime is low, cost of living is low, jobs are plentiful, and people like the area.

I respect your opinion and based on the number of post that you have registered, I will believe that you have disagreed with other forum members at one point in time. As long as they stay within the forum rules you will get evaluated and people will disagree or agree. If you can please answer the questions and we ALL can give you our feedback.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:39 PM

We didn't make a substantial profit on the house.

We are moving because we miss family and friends up north.

SW Florida is having a major water pollution problem.

Did vote but what good will that do. It hasn't done any good in the last 6 years.

Have written to congress about the problems just like many others here in Florida. Has anything gotten better yet??? I say Nay nay.

At the county meetings you end up listening to people screaming and fighting.
Had enough of that.

It all comes down to FAMILY AND FRIENDS. That is the most important reason why we are moving near them.
All the sunshine in the world can't replace family and friends.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:44 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,223,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
We didn't make a substantial profit on the house.

We are moving because we miss family and friends up north.

SW Florida is having a major water pollution problem.

Did vote but what good will that do. It hasn't done any good in the last 6 years.

Have written to congress about the problems just like many others here in Florida. Has anything gotten better yet??? I say Nay nay.

At the county meetings you end up listening to people screaming and fighting.
Had enough of that.

It all comes down to FAMILY AND FRIENDS. That is the most important reason why we are moving near them.
All the sunshine in the world can't replace family and friends.

You are absolutely correct nothing can be better than family. Just one last question, what is the best memory from Florida?

Old 11-21-2006, 03:58 PM

27 posts, read 144,124 times
Although we just bought another place to live in N.FL. mainly due to fact we could no longer afford middle to south Fl. There are going to be continuing problems and debt here and across the nation. No matter what I read, I feel that we are going to pay for the debt and also for the increasing costs cities have. Long run, we have lost our standard of living and I worry about our children and grandchildren.

Old 11-21-2006, 04:51 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,097,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
I don't think this is something we need to do just here in Florida. This whole country is going through some major problems--every state. Go on any forum here and you'll read about them. Many people think they made their voice heard with the last election. We can't stop there though. We have to keep all politicians on their toes.
I've lived in several states and they've all had their good points and bad points. I wish you the best of luck in Pennsylvania. I've lived there (hubby is from there.) and it's a beautiful state. I do have to say though, I never felt as over taxed as I did there. There were also the auto inspections every 6 months and the heating costs. Middle class is getting crunched everywhere these days. My daughter lives in Ohio. Home prices are dropping there and people are having trouble selling their homes. Every morning I check her local paper out online and every week there is an announcement that another company is closing.
All of us in America have to keep writing our elected officials and all of us have to stay current with the issues.
Again, good luck with your move. If you send down some cheesesteaks we promise to send up some sunshine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or