U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 11:33 AM

243 posts, read 147,989 times

Advertisements

I live in Cape Coma. I actually I kinda like it, though there's really nothing to do here and nowhere to go but bars, which I won't go to so I just stay home and keep to myself for the most part.

It's clean here, and safe, and there's little crime. Traffic is bad, but that's the same anywhere nice you want to live because everyone wants to live somewhere nice so they find a nice place and jam themselves in there so tight and in such numbers that it's not nice anymore, but if you can put up with that Cape Coma is okay. Certainly better than some places I've lived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 01:10 PM

10,222 posts, read 4,789,512 times
MsVaslovik - have you been to Sun Splash in Cape Coral yet? Took my granddaughter this past Sunday and she loved it.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:10 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,285,253 times
Anybody else what to contribute to this subject? LOL

Old 03-15-2017, 06:11 PM

40 posts, read 32,955 times
I'm actually really happy you resurrected this thread. I'm in Seattle and I just can't take this rain anymore so I am looking for a change. Florida is the only place I am seriously considering at this point. Reading these posts have given me much to think about!

Old 03-15-2017, 06:31 PM

96 posts, read 72,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4travel55 View Post
I'm actually really happy you resurrected this thread. I'm in Seattle and I just can't take this rain anymore so I am looking for a change. Florida is the only place I am seriously considering at this point. Reading these posts have given me much to think about!
Same for me here in Portland OR. Long dreary cold wet weather for 8-9 months, high COL, Alt left whack jobs, etc.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:27 PM
TD*

1,513 posts, read 3,116,116 times
Tallahassee is nice.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:40 AM

17,445 posts, read 10,514,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98IndyPacecarguy View Post
Same for me here in Portland OR. Long dreary cold wet weather for 8-9 months, high COL, Alt left whack jobs, etc.
If some one is from the West Coast, the East Coast of FL will be more like the Beaches due to being on the Atlantic side and .. waves. The "vibe" depend son if you want big city or small city life. Central East Coast FL is where I am looking and my wife and I will be there next week. As to politics a non issue as I have rarely had anyone make a big deal about such in normal day to day life except the nut jobs on both sides.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:24 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,285,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4travel55 View Post
There is allot of good information on here. You just have to "weed" through it LOL
Remember to "subscribe" to a thread if you like it so you can refer to it later. I also print information also for future reference. Good luck in your search!!

Old 03-16-2017, 10:37 AM

40 posts, read 32,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98IndyPacecarguy View Post
I hear you! I'm over it!

Old 03-30-2017, 09:00 PM

443 posts, read 280,821 times
Very nice thread. I read all the posts. It's so nice to read so many positive things about florida, and people loving it.

I'm relatively new to florida. We have vacationed here many times in the past when my children were little. I love florida and the beach. I always loved the beach but lived in the mountains for 30 years. Id grown to love the mountains and all it has to offer, but my love for,the beach always trumped mountain living.

I'm in the south east of Florida, 3 miles to the beach. We are currently snowbirds. I still have my house in the mountains. I am retired almost 2 years and this is my second winter down here, and the weather has been a delight. My plan is to move here full time because the trip back and forth is difficult because my hubby isn't well.

I was born in the city (manhattan), but my years in the mountains changed me to like a slower pace of life. SE florida is far from slow paced. Once we move to my condo down here permanently, I plan on searching for a place that is slower pace and still near relatively near the beach. I also,prefer a small house and not a condo. But that will wait until I sell the house in the north. I'm going to look into selling it when we return north in May. I have a few places in mind that I will look at once we settle,down here, but if anyone has any suggestions for a laid back, slower pace town not too far from the beach, and of course, low crime, I'm open to your suggestions. Port St. Lucie stands out to me but the reviews are so very mixed. Some brutal even. I'll just have to see for myself

Once again, thanks for posting such a positive thread about florida and how much everyone likes it. A rare find, indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or