U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 08:19 AM

17,936 posts, read 17,861,993 times

Advertisements

I work from home and have a pretty good income, I could live anywhere and chose Orlando (Dr Phillips) and I really love it here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 08:57 PM

8,231 posts, read 2,208,622 times
PSL but if all goes well Okeechobee. Bye bye overcrowed roads, strip malls and subdivisions as far as the eye can see.

Get some acres and dust off the quads and dirtbikes.
Build a big back stop with sand, screenings, clay, shoot targets off of the back porch. Maybe import some white tails and turkey back from NY down here. That would be awesome. Venison steaks and stew again, from 160-250lb bucks, and tons of meat from giant Turkeys. Put a little smoke house up...

Go hunt porky for bacon and Cuban sammiches.
Plant some fruit trees.

Find a dirt track or screw it... Build my own. Race stock cars again.

Thats living. Put Okeechobee next to Hutchinson island, that'd be heaven!

Old 04-04-2017, 03:12 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,297,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post
Very nice thread. I read all the posts. It's so nice to read so many positive things about florida, and people loving it.

I'm relatively new to florida. We have vacationed here many times in the past when my children were little. I love florida and the beach. I always loved the beach but lived in the mountains for 30 years. Id grown to love the mountains and all it has to offer, but my love for,the beach always trumped mountain living.

I'm in the south east of Florida, 3 miles to the beach. We are currently snowbirds. I still have my house in the mountains. I am retired almost 2 years and this is my second winter down here, and the weather has been a delight. My plan is to move here full time because the trip back and forth is difficult because my hubby isn't well.

I was born in the city (manhattan), but my years in the mountains changed me to like a slower pace of life. SE florida is far from slow paced. Once we move to my condo down here permanently, I plan on searching for a place that is slower pace and still near relatively near the beach. I also,prefer a small house and not a condo. But that will wait until I sell the house in the north. I'm going to look into selling it when we return north in May. I have a few places in mind that I will look at once we settle,down here, but if anyone has any suggestions for a laid back, slower pace town not too far from the beach, and of course, low crime, I'm open to your suggestions. Port St. Lucie stands out to me but the reviews are so very mixed. Some brutal even. I'll just have to see for myself

Once again, thanks for posting such a positive thread about florida and how much everyone likes it. A rare find, indeed.
Hi Marble cake
Cute screen name!!
From all of my research over the last 5 years and having been all over Florida--I find that the West Coast of Florida is more laid back. Do some research in the area's anywhere from Beverly Hills Florida down to Naples. Once you move down and are living in your condo perhaps you can plan to travel over to the West Coast and check it out! Everyone always says to spend some time in the areas you are interested in so that you can get a good feel for it.
I wish you all the luck in the world in your search!!
Thank you for loving the post I started.......that makes me feel good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or