Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 12:39 AM

650 posts, read 868,071 times

Advertisements

Miami.

I like beaches, hot weather, and the culture. I needed a big city too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 01:56 PM

5,025 posts, read 5,672,038 times
Right now, Tampa Bay, because I got married and moved over there since my wife is working there. However, could very soon be Boca Raton since I could potentially have a job offer over there. However, if I had to stay in Florida long term and could pick anywhere to be, I would probably move either back to Orlando, or up to Tallahassee.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:37 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan137 View Post
Right now, Tampa Bay, because I got married and moved over there since my wife is working there. However, could very soon be Boca Raton since I could potentially have a job offer over there. However, if I had to stay in Florida long term and could pick anywhere to be, I would probably move either back to Orlando, or up to Tallahassee.
Boca is an awesome place. Good luck.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:11 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,219 times
Just joined this site today, although I have been lurking for quite a while. I figure this was as good as any place to get my introductory post in.

We moved here to Fort Pierce three years ago. My husband's mom had just lost her husband, at that time, and instead of moving her back to the Northern climate we made the decision to move here. She has lived in Ft. Pierce for 20 years and at the age of 80+, the cold winters probably would have killed her. She was freezing when they had his burial ceremony in PA in November. The temp was about 60* and she was bundled up and shivering.

Hubby still works for the same company based in Philly. He was graced with the ability to telecommute. I absolutely love Florida. Have since I spent some time here as a child. Dad was stationed in Homestead. I never dreamed in a million years that I would be a resident. The weather suits me to a 'T'. I love the heat and humidity. I know, I'm a strange bird.

We have been renting since moving here and we are now ready to be home owners. We are in the process of looking at lots and having a house built in Port St. Lucie. As of now, we are only 4 miles from the MIL. Because of Midway road and the traffic, it takes us the same amount of time to go from the potential new place as it does now. LOL

Yes, we clocked the drive.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :-p

Old 04-30-2016, 08:38 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,047,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCTtoFL View Post
I live in Wellington, FL. It is a "village" of about 60,000 people located in west Palm Beach County, inland of West Palm Beach. Back in the mid-late '90s, my husband and I used to vacation frequently in Hollywood Florida and always planned on moving there. Loved it b/c it was midway between Fort Lauderdale & Miami. Had an opportunity to buy a condo there for like 20K on the intracoastal but didn't (now its worth $$$).

Fast forward 15 years - after hurricane Sandy in late 2012, birth of our baby in Jan 2013, and the monster Feb blizzard of 2013, we decided we were done with CT. Decided we needed to look for an area with A-rated schools & Hollywood did not fit the bill. Read a Money magazine article that listed Wellington FL as one of the top 100 places to live in the country. Came for a visit and was blown away by the gorgeous lush landscape, immaculately clean streets & parks, family-oriented atmosphere, and top-rated schools. Moved here in May 2015 and LOVE LOVE LOVE every minute of it. My only regret is that we didn't move down here sooner

I agree with you about Wellington~! So much to offer there~!

Old 04-30-2016, 08:41 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,162,317 times
Miami Beach because I can.

Old 04-30-2016, 11:25 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,839,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
Just joined this site today, although I have been lurking for quite a while. I figure this was as good as any place to get my introductory post in.

We moved here to Fort Pierce three years ago. My husband's mom had just lost her husband, at that time, and instead of moving her back to the Northern climate we made the decision to move here. She has lived in Ft. Pierce for 20 years and at the age of 80+, the cold winters probably would have killed her. She was freezing when they had his burial ceremony in PA in November. The temp was about 60* and she was bundled up and shivering.

Hubby still works for the same company based in Philly. He was graced with the ability to telecommute. I absolutely love Florida. Have since I spent some time here as a child. Dad was stationed in Homestead. I never dreamed in a million years that I would be a resident. The weather suits me to a 'T'. I love the heat and humidity. I know, I'm a strange bird.

We have been renting since moving here and we are now ready to be home owners. We are in the process of looking at lots and having a house built in Port St. Lucie. As of now, we are only 4 miles from the MIL. Because of Midway road and the traffic, it takes us the same amount of time to go from the potential new place as it does now. LOL

Yes, we clocked the drive.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :-p
Hi Robino1!
Thanks for joining and telling us your story
This site has allot of information to mull over Just avoid getting riled up if someone acts nasty or negative--sometimes it happens so best to avoid them Ha!
My spouse is a freezie cat and we can't wait to get the sunshine state! Right now, here in Wisconsin it is going to be a high of 50 today and it's almost May!! Ughhhhhhhh
We also love heat and humidity!
It would be exciting to build your own house wouldn't it?

Old 04-30-2016, 02:11 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan137 View Post

I love Orlando for its lakes and Tallahassee for its rolling hills.

Old 04-30-2016, 02:19 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Ft. Myers. When we first moved to Fl we lived in the Orlando area, but came to Sanibel every year for our anniversary. We fell in love with the area...........slower pace (at least it WAS), friendly people, nicer weather, and less expensive.

Been here since 82 and would not leave. I used to travel the whole State on business, and you could not pay me enough to live in some other places (Miami, for example). No place is perfect, but this one ain't all bad.

Don

Old 05-01-2016, 06:25 AM

296 posts, read 319,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
We have settled (finally) on SW FL, specifically North Port and Port charlotte area. We have visited other areas including the east coast but felt much more at home here. People were friendlier and has everything we could possibly need or want. Its also a fairly short drive to Sarasota and Longboat key which we love! Its a nice area indeed. Only a few more months until the move
We too moved into the NP area, PG to be exact and feel the same. The gulf is like 23 miles for us but thats nothing for us, and we go to Charlotte harbor and hit the parks and such often, the whole area is beautiful and the people have all been friendly.

No regrets at all so far, (except the family back in Md).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida