Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 03:55 PM

9 posts, read 23,816 times

Advertisements

Okay well I have been reading around a lot on this forum and a few other people have made threads about Sanford. Some people say it is a bad places...basically trailer trash, but other people say that it has improved a lot and that it is an alright place. So there are some affordable apartments in Sanford for my friend and I, but I don't want to move there if it is a run down place...so if anyone could help us out it would be greatly appreciated...Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,575 times
Hi!

I live in Sanford. Gosh. I didn't know I live in a ghetto

I was born in Chicago, and I experienced a lot of worse things living there than I ever have here in Sanford.

Lessee, I'm a manager of a retail store, my neighbor is a bartender at Hilton down near City Walk in Orlando. My other neighbor is a carpenter....

I consider that working class. The most common population of America. Granted, there are some unsavory parts of town. And I have a tendency to go to neighboring Lake Mary for the majority of my socializing, shopping etc.

As far as apartments, I'm not really knowledgeable about that, as I live home community. I stayed at one temporarily while house searching. It was right on Lake Monroe and it was wonderful!

Old 07-13-2008, 04:25 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Edit: It has been too long since I lived there.
I removed what I posted to let other who live there more recently give their views.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:20 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
There are nice parts of Sanford. Apartment complexes are another thing. They are very well kept up with but you have to be careful which one you chose. I would go on craigslist and look for a condo or townhome for rent. They tend to be around the same price. You might do better if you post this on the Orlando forum.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:38 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,063,635 times
Sanford is probably the best city in Seminole County in terms of shopping or other stuff to do. It's MUCH better than Casselberry, which really is closer to being the dump that some people imagine Sanford being. Oviedo is mediocre in every way, no shopping to speak of worth a crap, and the dining stinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida