Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 04:36 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsik View Post
Is there any difference betwen temperature of East and West coast of FL? I`ve heard somewhere that East coast has little less temperature..Also i`ve heard humidity is lower closer to ocean? Fairytales? ))
It is much better on the east coast. On the west coast when we are stuck in a reverse west windflow it is a west wind blowing off of 85 to 91 degree gulf water temps from late May till Oct, 24/7 85% of the summer. The east coast has a zone of cooler water that helps them out from around Vero beach on down. Plus they get much more rain and clouds than the west coast does since the showers build east of the west coast and move toward the east coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredesch View Post
If you are very near the ocean, you will get onshore breezes. Unless there is storm, the breeze will always be from cooler to warmer (the warmer air rises). I doubt that the humidity is lower by the ocean, but even in August the ocean won't get much over 80 degrees, so if it 90 degrees on the land - a cooling onshore breeze will form. So very close to the ocean, you can feel more comfortable than the torrid inland a few miles away.

The gulf is around 90 most all of the summer for our area. The water is very shallow out to 80 miles in the northwest part of the west coast from Pasco north.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:58 AM

167 posts, read 165,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
FL almost never has any canes. Been since 05.
WOAH since 2005? you must be an expert

Its this type of thinking that when one actually does hit it will probably have a huge loss of life impact as most of these people think they are immune and have the "it will never happen here" mentality. 95% of the state will be unprepared.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:05 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famalam View Post

Its this type of thinking that when one actually does hit it will probably have a huge loss of life impact as most of these people think they are immune and have the "it will never happen here" mentality. 95% of the state will be unprepared.
Haven't had one for over a decaded. OP posted that we had 'em every year and we don't.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Haven't had one for over a decaded. OP posted that we had 'em every year and we don't.

On average since the year 2000, we have, at least if you count tropical storms...

Old 04-07-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:

Ya i am a expert on our local weather. As i said up above slow one, one could hit this year or not in my lifetime.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Ya i am a expert on our local weather. As i said up above slow one, one could hit this year or not in my lifetime.
My point is that if the "big one" ever does come to florida people will be GROSSLY under prepared for it and you will see record deaths.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:02 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Quote:

You have no idea as to the percentage of residents who are quite well prepared for storms. No hurricanes have made landfall on the FL peninsula since 2005. Surely they will happen again down the road but it certainly is not a yearly event.

I know when a hurricane is coming. There is no forewarning for earthquakes, tornadoes, mudslides,

If you are concerned about hurricanes you should avoid the east coast of the U.S. entirely.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:03 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Quote:
My point is that if the "big one" ever does come to florida people will be GROSSLY under prepared for it and you will see record deaths.
And you base you conclusion on?

Old 04-07-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Well we will see if that day ever comes. I'm not holding my hand out and waiting. We had a little taste of it today in my hood with around 90mph gust . Just 3 mins of that did plenty of damage. I know full well what would happen if a Cat 5 were to hit the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida